The Greenbrier Logging and Lumber Co.

Yep. I needed more so i went down all the way cross town. And got one bag... Thats 40 miles one way. Last night i went to get the rest of the molding for the framework on the layout. Also got a three light lightbar. Put in LED lights in it. Bright!!! Wow!!! I wish they were a bit warmer. These are bright white.Have shots but will post later. I got to get ready for dinner and have a visitor after that. Later, Dan

Looks a lot better. Once trees start going in, it changes the entire complexion of a layout. Like you, once I started, I just had to keep adding more. Like it. appl.gif

Chet

Thanks, Glad you like them. I have new projects coming my way. I ordered a barnhart loader for the logging camp. I have a Kato chassis floating around here between me and Japan. The chassis will be the base for a 18 ton Climax. Another kit to make sometime in October. Track and turnouts coming in a few weeks and the last week of the month i will be on the road to Texas to check out our new home. Picking up a few things on the way back. Busy for sure. With the high heat we have been getting this week we are breaking records. High heat is not good for us older folk that have breathing issues. One of the reasons i am moving. It will be more humid but they say that is good for the lungs.Down to sea level is good too. If i start having issues there i will be on Oxygen for sure.One thing i will miss will be the mountains around here. I am going to flat lands. Anyway thanks and will see you around. Dan

I got my Steam barnhart loader yesterday. I have been way to busy to stop and get on the computer. To many things going on for me to think straight! Have worked on the loader last night. Working on the truck so i can make the trip down to Texas. My hands are hurting so bad its hard to work on the little stuff. Its all ready to put together but for the steam cylinders. Its drying right now. Have to pant it yet. The rest is ready to put together. Have a couple of shots of the little fellow. DanView attachment 51685View attachment 51684View attachment 51683

I have things coming from all over to here. I got one box today from Republic loco works, The kiln and tramway. Sweet looking. Will maybe build the kiln before the trip down to Texas.I just hope i like it there. Never been in Orange and the last time i went by that area on I-10 was in 1999. Anyway i will give shots when i get it close to finishing it. Later, Dan

I started the Kiln dryer last night late. Smaller than i thought and thats a good thing. I am compressing it as is. With the high temps today and along with a dewpoint of high 80's i am staying inside. Its supposed to get cooler this weekend and next week. So i have one photo for now that i took last night. DanView attachment 51881

When i came to the part about the kiln needed to be 3/8th inch higher than the floor of the layout, I did what it said. Now it seems to be too high. I will have to build the tramway before i can glue the kiln down. Shots below. I have the little piece of tramway and the carts and stairs done and waiting for the tramway to finish. Anyway thats it for now. Shots below, DanView attachment 51924View attachment 51923View attachment 51922

Outstanding attention to detail, THIS is what I envision when people use the word 'layout'! If I can get even a small part of my table up to that standard, I will be thinking I actually did something!

Well Done!

Tranks! I love the old time stuff and worked on a sawmill when i was younger. That one is gone along with quite a few others in West Virginia. Sometimes, all that is left is the ghost towns of what was the busy sawmills and logging camps. I have rebuilt a camp from some twenty different sawmills and towns i remember from a kid. The town i grew up in had a train the picked up from the sawmill and two different coal mines....all gone....God i am old!!:rolleyes:

I took yesterday and today to get all the bents done for the tramway. As i was getting into the next steps i ran into the issue i had been wondering about. Size. I am able to use most of the tramway. I have a couple of places that i will change the way it goes. I have shots of how they show it for there sawmill complex but the rest show how it will be with mine. In the shots i haven't glued anything together. They are drying now. Not sure if i need all the Bents but i would say most of them. I am not sure if i want it painted white or stained. I think i might paint so the different colors of wood will be covered up. I have all teh rails to place down and spike. One thing i was happy about was being able to use the turntable! Was glad of that. I think its a neat thing. Will see what i can get done by tomorrow, DanView attachment 51961View attachment 51960View attachment 51959View attachment 51958

Have been at it for close to three days and have the tramway itself done and glued to the board. I am glad that part is done.I don't like the way it goes into the sawmill itself. I will live with it. I am i guess about 60% done i. I still have details and stacked wood and lots of other pieces yet to do. The directions is 3 more pages yet. I don't know why but they didn't send enough spikes to lay the rail down with. I used super glue on the rails before the spiking them down. I thinned them out so i could at least put some on the other pieces of rail. Not like there will be a lot of traffic on it. They pre-drilled the spike holes out. Way more holes than spikes. Will show some shots below, DanView attachment 52035View attachment 52034View attachment 52033

I was wondering how the tramway was going to work. Looks like you are fitting everything together! Nice job!

I was wondering how the tramway was going to work. Looks like you are fitting everything together! Nice job!

Its coming along nice. Slow going but nice. Right now i am making stacks of lumber with stakes in between so it can air dry. Have six of them and some plain stacks as well. Once i get them together i will take a couple of shots for all to see. Thanks, Dan

Back