The Goldfield & Hangtown Railroad

A.W. Wallace

Gentlemen: I am new to your forum; therefore I have attached pictures of my model railroad, which depicts the era from 1890 through 1915, running from Goldfield, Nevada, over the Sierras south of Lake Tahoe to Hangtown, now called Placerville, California. I hope to be able to post other pictures from time to time.

Hi! A.W. Wallace, and welcome to ModelRailroadForums. Nice looking photos which just leaves one question, Do you have any more to show us? Seriously nice work very interesting scenes and well done. Friendly group here, make yourself at home and join right in.
Good photography too, wouldn't mind seeing more (hint)

smiley-cheers.png
Willis

Additional pictures, Goldfield & Hangtown Railroad

I thank you for your kind responses, gentlemen. I do have more pictures, and attach them.

I'm jealous. I'm just starting a railroad very near and simialr to your. It's called the the Rock Ridge and Train City II and it is on the CA side of things in the Sierra Foothills in 1885. I just tore down the Rock Ridge and Train City I and I'm still working on the backdrop of the new layout.

Here's a couple from the old layout.

traincity64.gif

traincity54.gif

vitamin07.gif

traincity70.gif

Dang that is sweet. Chip, inspiring you to start work sooner?

I am so stuck on on my backdrop. My wife keeps telling she is going to help me, but it has been about two months now.

So I gave up and started the PRR. When I ge that running and have something to play with again, I'll get back on the major project.

A. W., Really nice modelling and photography. SpaceMouse, I love that cemetary scene. Thanks for the photos, fellows.

Back