"The file uploaded was not an image as expected"???

GuilfordRailman

I'm a new member and I've been trying to upload photos of my new project design and the following message appears: "The file uploaded was not an image as expected". I have tried jpeg, jpg, and png files and nothing has worked. What file type is supported on this forum?

I'm a new member and I've been trying to upload photos of my new project design and the following message appears: "The file uploaded was not an image as expected". I have tried jpeg, jpg, and png files and nothing has worked. What file type is supported on this forum?
All of those file types should work unless there is a prohibited character in the title. I don't remember what they are. Otherwise maybe a moderator would have to answer. There's at least three ways to get the same image to appear in a post. I have used "dragging", copy & paste, and the insert image icon.

All of those file types should work unless there is a prohibited character in the title. I don't remember what they are. Otherwise maybe a moderator would have to answer. There's at least three ways to get the same image to appear in a post. I have used "dragging", copy & paste, and the insert image icon.
For some reason I couldn’t simply save the file as a png or jpeg directly but if I converted it with another program it worked. Strange but at least it’s fixed. Thanks for your input.

Just attempted it and same message showed up
The images need to be in certain formats. The default setting that SCARM was using to save images wasn’t suitable for the forum so I had to make sure to change each one to a suitable format. What format are your images being uploaded as?

Back