The E-L , EL

Tom,

As most modelers model what they are familiar with, except for one CB&Q modeler, and a couple of narrow gaugers, modelers in this area of the country tend to model the roads of the south. Southern, L&N, SBD, ACL, CSX NS, CoG, GARR etc.

To be honest, I don't know if I've even met an EL modeler that I know of. Even at the NMRA National Conventions. I know that there has to be a decent number of them somewhere, due to coverage I've seen in the mags, but there's none around here.

I have some 8mm films I shot of EL around indiana, I had an RS3 in EL scheme, I am not modeling it per se, but I bought an EL Caboose thinking I may give some minor representation on my layout.

I like the Erie Lackawanna, but one of my best pals back in the old country, Sweden, he's a Erie Lackawanna (Erie and DL&W as well) fanatic! The same as I've got a......hmmmmm....soft spot, affection for the Milwaukee Road! ;):D

One of the first locos I bought when returning to the hobby was an EL (SD45-2) 'cause I liked the color scheme, one of the most attractive (as was the Delaware & Hudson)

Not a fan, but thought you may enjoy this:
image.jpg

Outstanding! SW. I knew that there had to be at least one or two modelers here that modeled the E-L/EL. I just hoped that they would respond to Tom's questions.

Tom,while at the Spencer Streamliners Event back in May/June of last year, I saw a restored set of Erie-Lackawana F units that were absolutely AWESOME. William.

Have to love E-L , EL ! One of the classiest paint schemes going I think ....next to D. & H..
Yes, it's a EMD SDP45!

BCK RR aka Tom

3249.1429926564.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I model the D&H but I do run a couple of EL E-8s (nos 816, 820) with my D&H passenger trains from when they were on lease/lend to the D&H.

BTW Tom, I'm also in Glens Falls, NY.

I'm mainly a Reading Company modeler, however do have a bunch of stuff from all the northeastern PA roads.

Grew up with the Morristown line behind my house.

Back