The curve of a curved turnout

jacon12

Does the curve of a curved turnout come in set radii? In other words, if you were going to put one on a curve that had a 22 inch radius, are curved turnouts made that match the radius of the curve?
Jarrell

Peco curved turnouts come in set radii, but I'm not sure what they are specifcally. I know the large curved turnouts are huge radius something like 60" outer and 40 something inner. There shouldn't be any problem mating up to 22" radius track since the turnout will act like an easement.

Glenn

jacon12 said:
Does the curve of a curved turnout come in set radii? In other words, if you were going to put one on a curve that had a 22 inch radius, are curved turnouts made that match the radius of the curve?
Jarrell

Yes. Peco has two sets of curved Turnouts 60"-30" and 22"-18 1/2" where as Walthers a.k.a. Shinohara has several double curved turnouts in a myriad of radii.

Personally I find the Peco far more robust but the Walther's are far more prototypical and come in a much larger selection.

Fergie

Thanks guys.
Fergie, is that 22 the radius of the curve and the other figure the inside radius?
Jarrell

Back