The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! Cuppa Joe, Flo.
Hope everyone had a good weekend and have started today with exuperance:rolleyes:. Looks like we are finally getting a taste of fall around here with temps in the 50's day and low 40's at night. Quite a shock for those that eat grits.:D
Gotta run now and get my ears put back on at the barbershop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All, a strong coffee for me, i need it, been down my muddy hole digging again, still blooming raining.
Ken, i bet you had fun on the railroad with the family, the pics are great.

Evening Guys,

Well, tonight was an important milestone on the layout. The first ballast has been applied to the track, offically beginning the sceniking (sp) process. I added ballast to about a one foot section of the layout, and I am happy with the results. It took me an hour to add the ballast, but I'm sure I'll find a faster way to do it sometime soon. :)

BTW I'll have a Dew tonight.

RexHea said:
...Looks like we are finally getting a taste of fall around here with temps in the 50's day and low 40's at night. Quite a shock for those that it grits...
40's are our highs right now. Getting close to the all important 32 at night. Still have classrooms in the 80's at school though, and you can see your breath in others....

Right now the weather is 44.6 degrees with light rain, of course it'll get colder till sunrise and I'm sure the rain warms the air a bit.

I'll have a Jolt then I'll get some rest (Go figure). :D

Morning all (a LARGE cuppa joe for me Sabrina, thanks) -

While we're on this topic, I was checking out the weather map for my region and noticed a bizzarre-shaped snowfall area over WV and southwestern PA - those west and north ice boundaries look so straight it's almost as if somebody used a ruler with a marker! Luckily I'm further East, under the dark green rain clouds. If I wasn't working today it would be a perfect MRR day...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting freakin snow here. Snowflakes the size of 50 cent pieces. CNN said we could get 6-10 inches.

I'm not Ready for this!

Cofffffeeeeee!!!! Plleeeeeaaaaassseeeeee!!!

The power went our here before I could get my coffee. I took a picture of the snow and was going to post it, but like I said no power. I'm at work now, but when I left we had two inches on the ground and it is still coming down. It had been about 1" per hour. We're not supposed to have bizzards in October.

SNOW!! Brrrrrrrrr! Now all you snow birds can go out to play.:D
Actually, I wish we would get some this year. I believe it was the early 90's since we have had one that was measureable.

It's supposed to start raining here (Oregon) this afternoon, so I drove the mile to work instead of bicycling it.

The fact my knee started feeling like a balloon yesterday had something to do with it as well. Haven't figured out that one... the aches in my ankles, elbows and right wrist I can at least explain.

You might have noticed I dropped out of sight last week - I was on a mission trip to a Christian orphanage in Tijuana, Mexico. We poured a concrete slab (concrete made by hand with cement, sand and gravel, "volcano style") on the second floor of one of the buildings, played with the kids (soap bubble blowing things and chem/glow-lights go over very well) a lot, visited the battered women's & children's shelter (and played with the kids there) twice, and took rice & beans out to the people who live and work in the city dump.

A very interesting four days. Of course my 256Mb xD memory card errored out as soon as I pulled it out of the camera, so there went about 100 photos... since this is the second time it's pulled that stunt, it's going in the trash.

After I got back on Thursday evening I went out and bought a 23'x12' hunk of indoor/outdoor carpet and 300sq ft (just under 23'x12'...) of 10lbs padding.

Friday I finished painting the garage (it will need some repainting, unfortunately) and laid the carpet in. Very comfortable for where I'm going to be doing a lot of standing.

Sunday we had a family party with just under 20 people in the house... we haven't really finished unpacking from the move yet, either.

Tomorrow night I hope to repaint and possibly get the shelf rails up so I can put my layout back into action.... I've decided that where I can, I'll have dual-track shelf railing supporting the layout. That way I can also have storage shelves hidden down there as well.

The paint I'm putting in is a more or less sky-blue, and I'm trying to use the "wet - wet paint" method of blending a very light blue in to create a horizon line, as the walls will be the backdrop.

Snow update. Still snowing 10 hours later. A lot of melting in town. At home the power ahd been going on and off all day. I still have air condiditoners in the windows. My wife has a told-you-so attitude about that.

SpaceMouse said:
Snow update. Still snowing 10 hours later. A lot of melting in town. At home the power ahd been going on and off all day. I still have air condiditoners in the windows. My wife has a told-you-so attitude about that.
We still have all three of our a/c's in...wasn't that long ago we were using them either :rolleyes:

How come you get to have all the fun? Nothin' but cold (really cold) rain and wind here. Just the kind of weather that makes the walk to the bus stop (now in darkness) extremely enjoyable :rolleyes:

Yeah...western PA gets all the fun. Nothing but cold rain all day.

On the other hand, I saw an empty coal train and the back end end of an autorack train on my way home today. First time in many days I've seen train action in town. So, it could be worse.

Tom

Snow allready, i don't like the sound of that still it will make a change from the driving rain we are getting now. The boys went out with grandad to watch a steam fan trip going to Blackpool today, it's running for three days this week so maybe i'll get to see it.
Jeff, it's great to do work like you did in Mexico just a pity the stupid memory card threw a spanner in the works and lost your pictures.

Okay Spacemouse you keep the snow I don't want any . I left PA. to get away from it But got tired of the huricanes in FL. so Moved back about 2/3 of the way. Been getting 2 days of rain here finally started to clear up today about 4 PM

I'm thinking of moving back to California. Maybe the redwoods. Big beautiful trees, no snow. No sweltereing humidity. On second thought, you wouldn't like it. They have banana slugs. Yeah, big ucky ones. Not worth it. Forget it.

RT - check your e-mailbox when you get a chance!

No snow in my neighborhood, but lots of cold and drizzle. I'm sure it's alot nicer in CA, but I'd worry about earthquakes.

Ok, you guys in Pa. and W. Virginia, quit your huffing and puffing! You are sending all the cold air down here to T-town. Low going to 33 tonight. (Maybe they haven't raised the natural gas price yet:(.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back