The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Back by popular demand, the Coffee Shop is now open. Stop by, have a cup, visit old friends and meet new folks. Just like old times... :)

High... Latte Grande with a shot of raspberry please...

It is so _nice_ to see this forum getting the traffic levels it deserves.

Hi guys, I prefer Dunkin Donut coffee, so I brought my own ;) I never hit the Coffee Shop at MR, what is the thought behind it? Oh and good morning.

Yeah, those 800 page topics can be a bit intimidating. If this coffee shop (I didn't visit the MR one either) is like others out there, it's basically a place to say good morning and share a bit of what's up in your life, modeling or otherwise.

And now that I've had my caffeine hit, the weather out here in the Pacific Northwest is, in a word, wet. Caused a lot of accidents around Portland last week as a years worth of road oils suddenly caused roads to slicken up. And I'm likely to be busy on the phone today doing tech support calls for people who's internet connections have turned to slime due to water in the phone lines...

I'm at about the 60% point on the mudding and taping of my new railroad room (formerly known as the garage).

JeffShultz said:
Yeah, those 800 page topics can be a bit intimidating. If this coffee shop (I didn't visit the MR one either) is like others out there, it's basically a place to say good morning and share a bit of what's up in your life, modeling or otherwise.

And now that I've had my caffeine hit, the weather out here in the Pacific Northwest is, in a word, wet. Caused a lot of accidents around Portland last week as a years worth of road oils suddenly caused roads to slicken up. And I'm likely to be busy on the phone today doing tech support calls for people who's internet connections have turned to slime due to water in the phone lines...

I'm at about the 60% point on the mudding and taping of my new railroad room (formerly known as the garage).

Well, after cup #3, I can now talk weather. Hopefully it'll dry out in your neck of the woods, Jeff. As for us, I'm ready for the Fall cool off. It's forcast to be 88 degrees today! Well, at least the sweltering humidity has slacked off some. It won't be long till the weather breaks.

Okay, I get the drift :)

Here in my area (Illinois) we pretty much had a dry summer, we had laid sod just before thedrought, and you can imagine our shock that all that work is now big brown rectangles :( and I almost thought I was in Death Valley, the ground got so dry that the sod was separating. It's expected to get about 75 here with 90's tomorrow. I will be glad for fall to set in, that and spring our my fav times of the year. BTW if any of you guys happens to know, what I need to do about my sod disaster I would sure like some tips.

dthurman said:
Okay, I get the drift :)

BTW if any of you guys happens to know, what I need to do about my sod disaster I would sure like some tips.

Unfortunately, I'm only qualified to talk about modeled sod. :D

grande man said:
Unfortunately, I'm only qualified to talk about modeled sod. :D

I hear ya! I can make the MR grass look golf course perfect, and I save a ton on gas and my back since it stays nice and trim ;) unlike the furture garden railroad layout.

Okay,

Two things. I really felt good about getting my water filter moved. IT has been a bottle neck for getting things done. You know how you have a list of small things you can do to make your railroad move forward. Well this was kind of a stumbing block for the proccess.

Second thing. I love the fact that they have classifieds on this board. All the cowboy sites have them and I had gotten used to the idea of swapping with people who both could benefit. I may grow to like this place a lot.

SpaceMouse said:
Okay,

Two things. I really felt good about getting my water filter moved. IT has been a bottle neck for getting things done. You know how you have a list of small things you can do to make your railroad move forward. Well this was kind of a stumbing block for the proccess.

Second thing. I love the fact that they have classifieds on this board. All the cowboy sites have them and I had gotten used to the idea of swapping with people who both could benefit. I may grow to like this place a lot.

Glad you're making progress on the future layout! As for growing to like this place, all I can say is :D :D :D .

Morning all, grande man thanks for starting up the coffee shop. I think they'll be a lot of people coming in. I'm on vacation from work today, I'm hoping to get a lot done around the house but I can't seem to get off of the computer. [ I guess thats a good excuse ] as for the weather we need some rain here, grande man I think your area has had more rain than us, please send some this way.

Have a great day.

Stan.

SpaceMouse said:
Anyone know how to seal cynderblocks from moisture so they can be painted?

Chip, I don't recall what type of paint it was, but the girlfriend had leaky walls from ground moisture, once she covered them with this stuff we haven't had a problem since, I will have to try and remember to ask her what she used. It's been holding up for 2 years now. Not sure if you guys have them out your way, but Menards has sometype of wall sealer that may work. If I remember right, it goes on pretty thick. We have old clay bricks like what would be on the outside of a house, and not cinder/concrete type. I think she said this place was like 150 years old, we even have those 10 foor ceilings ;)

Hello Guys,
Hope everyone is doing fine. I just wanted to stop in real quick to see who was up and about. See ya at lunch

Like Chip and Jeff, I never frequented the "other" Coffee Shop. For me it was just that I didn't have the time for it. Since this one only has two pages at the moment, I figured it was worth a look.

Since many of you guys were mentioning the weather, I thought I'd share a little about what it's doing here. There's a definate chill in the air this morning, and frost on the rooftops and car windshields. That's a pretty good indication that fall is just beginning or just around the corner. I guess I'm ready for it, since the change of the seasons is one of the things I love about where I live.

I'm glad to see so many familiar "faces" here after the fiasco we had on that other forum. I've sent messages to several of the members of that other forum giving them the link to this one. I bet this place will liven up quite a bit more, now that other folks (incuding myself) are becoming aware of it.

Since Chip has over 2900 posts on that other forum since the beginning of the year, I'm going to guess he'll reach 3000 here by the end of July 2006.

Glad to see you all here!

jdavid93225 said:
Since Chip has over 2900 posts on that other forum since the beginning of the year, I'm going to guess he'll reach 3000 here by the end of July 2006.

Glad to see you all here!

I'm trying to quit. In fact, I plan to quit cold turkey next week after Photo Fun. I'm not really adicted you know.

BTW. I tracked a big cat outside Frazier Park for about 3 miles. Never saw him. He was probably watching me and giggling.

SpaceMouse said:
I'm trying to quit. In fact, I plan to quit cold turkey next week after Photo Fun. I'm not really adicted you know.

BTW. I tracked a big cat outside Frazier Park for about 3 miles. Never saw him. He was probably watching me and giggling.

The first step to overcoming your addiction is admitting you have a problem... LOL!

We do get some big cats in our area from time to time. The biggest one I've seen was a rather large bobcat, that I saw about a block away from my house. About seven or eight years ago, a neighbor of mine saw a mountain lion at the corner where our two properties meet. I never saw it, but that was a little too close for comfort, considering at the time my kids were very young. These large cats are just too elusive, which is probably the scariest thing we ever have to contend with in the woods around here. At least the bears that I've seen tend to run away when people get too close!

Hi eveybody. Do you serve tea? Red rose..no thanks.
My n scale railway in a coffee table has stalled due to lack of long rulers. LOL, eh?
I have enough money now to buy something like 12 ft of flextrack, including ballast.
I'll keep you guys updated
Matthew

JD,

I can quit anytime.

I saw a mountain lion in the Santa Monica Mountains just off Pt. Mugu. That was the only one. Have tracked quite a few. Near you is (or was) a cable cart that was a hoot to ride. I don't know how to explain the location except from the 5 you get off at Frasier Park, head west, take the frontage road back a ways then hike offroad. Any chance you know what the heck I'm talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back