the club I just joined...and my newest loco...

wongsing

I just joined the Centramod modelers club in Temple, TX...My first day of running was a blast! Not too sure about how many of you guys are in a club, but if you're not afiliated with one, I'd say give it a shot! If all model railroad clubs are this fun, then I have found my calling!

This is my New Athearn CSX SD38 (just bought it before I joined that day!!!)
DSC00274.jpg

Another view of the layout and my train...
DSC00268.jpg

This is on the backside of the layout...its more like a yard and everyone pretty much builds their trains here....
DSC00267.jpg

The yard from a different angle...
DSC00266.jpg

A perspective shot...

Here are a few videos of my train that I shot that day.
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m199/jamiethomas81/?action=view&current=MOV00263.flv
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m199/jamiethomas81/?action=view&current=MOV00264.flv
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m199/jamiethomas81/?action=view&current=MOV00271.flv

BTW: I ran more than one loco, but because I JUST bought my first and only decoder I had to keep switching it from each loco...:( Next time I will not have to "borrow" the ever abundant "Santa Fe" helpers from someone else, and there will be some cat power in the mix!:rolleyes: Hope you enjoy the shots and videos!

-Rich

Looks like your club has a nice layout.I have been a member of several clubs over the years and belong to 3 now (2 HO and 1 N Scale).What I like about being a club member is the comradely among members.
Enjoy your membership.

Well, Rich, I guess I'll be seeing you around- I've been a centra-mod member for 6 months now. I'll be the one with all the Cotton Belt equipment, and Milwaukee, as the MRR spirit moves!

Welcome aboard!

Shot one is my brace of SD45T-2's
Shot two is for those wondering where the club is.. see that building on the right? You've found us! :)

Well Rich I will be seeing you there too since I am also a member at Centra-mod. SSW is my brother so we got a family membership and I run there too. I mostly run ATSF, and some modern day BNSF stuff. By the way, my name is Matthew, hope to see you there at the buisness meeting in July.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice pics, who makes that SD38 BTW?

That is my newest loco...A CSX SD38 by Athearn. Of all the models I've seen by Athearn it is on of the best (aside from their Genesis line-up in which the SD38 is NOT available:( ) the details on the fuel tank, although a pain in the @$$, are just astounding! I can post some pics if you guys are interested....

-Rich

BTW: is there any other Centra-mod members out there that would like to meet up on an "off day"...My schedule is alittle akward and sometimes not so promising....I may post this same message in a totally new thread....

My Brother (SSW) and I usually meet up there on off day's because of our work schedule. Shoot us a PM or email when your free and we will see if we can make it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Centra-mod,,,,,, what a small world,,,,,I am not a offical member, but I do know a couple of guys from the N scale side,, seeing as I work at Caterpillar in Waco on 3rds.. I don't show up.

You guys here in Tx,, I am going to need help building a large 3 level layout in a garage,,,, so drop me a line if you are intrested.

Adios Wyat

If N-scale was my gig and i lived alittle closer, I'd be there pal! I hope there are some guys interested in helping! Wish I could!

-Rich

Yup, sure can tell you in a AVN Bn........... LOL... Actaully I am 8 miles north of the club, right on I-35.. Scale does not matter, just people to hang with, drink beer and work on trains.

Adios Wyatt

Beer?! Trains?! Are you going to the club meeting? If I don't see yu there today, send me an email or PM with some info..Phone/email...Talk to you soon!

-Rich

Makes me jealous...wish I had a Model RR club close.. a hours drive, and meetings in the middle of the week...bad combo.

Wish I had the room and the $$$ ... oh and the skills.. I'd start one locally.

Back