the charm of Japanese narrow gauge...

tooter

play every day
I've been looking at the Chinese railroad modelling sites for ideas, and have found their style to be absolutely charming...

On30...

DSC07262.jpg

On30Nanchiku.jpg

HO...

SteepleCab01.jpg

not sure of scale as it was in Chinese...

09037-14.jpg

09115-09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tooter, what's the red thing in the 4th picture? Some kind of caboose? If so, I think you could build one just a little bit shorter. (How's that for a challenge?)

Hi Dad, :)

Ah... you already know my interest.;)
It's a beautifully detailed brass and wood Chinese version of our Kadee logging caboose...

IMG_3504.jpg

09124-25.jpg

I have something in the works along a similar idea but with a definite American flair.:)

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi burn, :)

Are you joking, or do you really know?
The website text looked Japanese to me, but I could be wrong.

the words on the sand car as well as the words on the signs, and the words on the engine house are chinese. Whether they are chinese prototypes or based on chinese prototypes I can't tell you.

You're right. It's Chinese.
Too bad I can't change the title.

I had only accessed a coded index page, but upon linking back to the home page, the text looks like this:

この趣味を皆さんにより幅広く楽しんで頂くために、実物の資料のページあり、新製品の紹介ページあり、その組立方法を御説明するページあり、新刊書の案内ページもあり、皆さんから寄せられた工作のページあり、さらにホットと一息の「よもやま話」のページもあります。

I guess it's a japanese site focused on modeling chinese narrow gauge? The site IS Japanese, but the photos have Chinese characters.

I obviously can't tell the difference between Japanese and Chinese... :D

...but I'm taken by their realistic landscape modeling skills where the train is just a part of a larger natural setting...

09129-30.jpg

Back