The BOeC

Thanks guys!

As soon as the newer part of the layout is more "presentable" I'll post pics of it.

Finally, the St-Lambert & Chambly RR has a "rail worthy" :) engine on its roster.

Bought for next to nothing SL&C acquired ex-CN C-Liner and is using it to run freight between Chambly and St-Lambert.

Not too happy with the reporting mark.I'll fix it later.:mad:

2009411411_11.JPG

2009411456_22.JPG

Very nice paint and weathering job on the C-Liner. That has never been one of my favorite engines but it looks as good in CN colors as it ever could. The reporting marks look like a typical patch job to me so I don't see anything wrong with them.

Rico wrote:
Great pics, I love that underpass...well done!
Thank you. . It's made from left over parts. Unfortunately I painted the traffic line a bit too thick!:rolleyes:

cncproadwarrior wrote:
Fantastic pics of a great looking layout. You've given me some great ideas.
Thanks. I'm modelling something closer to home maybe? The mainline is from the Maritime (staging) to Montreal (slightly modelled) and a short section of "non working track" that goes westward (Toronto). I am working on scenery along St-lawrence river including the bridge, but highly compressed.

UP2CSX wrote:
Very nice paint and weathering job on the C-Liner. That has never been one of my favorite engines but it looks as good in CN colors as it ever could. The reporting marks look like a typical patch job to me so I don't see anything wrong with them.
You have a very good point! I think even the ugliest loco would still look good in that paint scheme:)

The C-Liner is my first good quality loco. I bought it in 2002. I did not want to part with it and it's one of my two best puller (other is the BLI) and very reliable. So it went to the short-line:D I think I could have made a better job with the patch job. I'll see. I'll do some "touch up" with weathering as well. I lost some "effect" once I sealed it with Dullcoat as expected.

Thanks guys for all your feedback.
icon14.gif

MLW, the lighting looks pretty good to me. I think you just need to adjust your depth of field. Sweet looking engines. I meant to ask you, on your last series of pictures, it looks like the road is collapsing. Is that the effect you want or an optical illusion?

Thanks!!

Both actually. Optical and poor road building. I am in the process of rectifying it. I took the "concrete barrier" out, sanded the "pavement" remove some of it, pour plaster in the affected area, more sanding and now (eventually) will re-paint that portion (it will look like the real thing -like a patch-) and re-install the barrier (and improve on it). It's a big mess as you may imagine.

When I originally made the road I poured a mix of white-glue mixed in with very fine ballast (N scale) on top of the roadbed (cardboard)kinda like oatmeal consistency. When it dried it started to lift. Not as bad a the pictures but bad enough.

Will post more pictures as I get going..

The Steam Generator Car from Rapidotrains has made it's debut at the BOeC.
Haven't tried the steam or lights yet.
It is an awesome car in line with Rapido reputation of well detailed and accurate paint scheme rr cars.
----------------------------------------------

CN Passenger train from Montreal en route to Quebec city about to arrive at the St-Hyacinthe station.
2009821191629_SG10.JPG

200982119160_SG9.JPG

At St-Hyacinthe
2009821191043_SG2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Trucklover.

If it rains tomorrow (as the weather guesser are saying) I'll post more pics.

:)

Next batch of pics are from the Rapido Steam Generator Car. It tracks well, no derailment, no problem with the couplers or trip pins.

Tried the lights and "steam" generator. Work as advertised. Once the "steam" gets going there's lots of it coming out. Neat. :)

At slow speed the "steam" is trailing behind the car. Cool:D

Front and rear lights work with no flickering. Power is from the track.
2009830175110_SG1.JPG

200983017548_SG5.JPG

you can barely see it here, but smoke is trailing behind the car
2009830175622_SG7.JPG

kinda fix the road issue. Needs yellow line and some "weathering"

attachment.php

hello ,I agree with all the positive coments,cool backdrop weathering and action shots,you seem to be having lots of fun.:)

Back