The Blackwing and Western division

Work is proceeding, slowly, on the BW&W. I don't have many in-progress shots.

Here is one with some of the paint on the asphalt roads.

I added more paint and center lines, but then covered it up to add some scupltamold shoulders.

Next up is adding some more sculptamold near the front and back, then cleaning up the shoulders, painting them tan and adding gravel.

Hope to get more photos soon.

Sanded and painted the shoulders, then removed the blue tape. Unfortunately the tape removed a bunch of the paint from the road. I actually think it looks okay, other than the straight lines it left. I think I can just sponge paint it again and it will be okay.

Next steps will be to fix the paint on the road and then add gravel to the shoulders.

twforeman, it looks good, but, I'm wondering if there is really a passing centerline on approach to a T-intersection and track crossings in 1/1. Can't say I've ever seen that. It does look good, though. And a semi-interesting tidbit that not many people know. The white passing center marks on a paved highway are always spaced 10' apart, universally the world over.
You are doing great work.

Thanks for the kind words. It's about 1958 here, so I don't think they had yellow lines yet. Also these are city streets, not highways.

In any case, the lines and spaces are both 10 feet, so at least I got that right. :)

Got the gravel on the shoulders, some more grass put down and decided where the Range and Stove dealer is going to sit.

In the background is a DPM Linen Mill wall. Just trying to figure out what other industries I can put against the backdrop. It won't be a linen mill when I build it...

Added some traffic control to NE Blackwing

These are Titchy stop signs and crossing signs.

It's 1958 and Blackwing hasn't gotten around to changing the yellow stop signs for the newfangled red ones. (Stop signs were yellow until 1954.)

I plan on painting the poles and the backs of the signs, just haven't figured out the best way to do it yet.

Back