The 1950s on the Siskiyou Line?

jfugate

Modeling SP in the 1980s
Just for the fun of it, we took some shots of 1950s SP equipment on my HO Siskiyou Line (which ordinarily models the 1980s SP).

Here, for the first time ever, is what the 1950s would look like on my layout!

DPP_0630s.jpg

To view all the photos, see:
http://mymemoirs.net/model-trains/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=171

Don't know but those steamers look right at home to me. Nice photo's Joe. Hmm would seem that the only difference in modeling 50's and 90's are the trains, cars and some types of buildings and the lack of things such as TV antennas :D

13.gif
Willis

Willis:

The steamers might look right at home, but this was just for fun. I'm firmly entrenched in the 1980s SP, however ... ;)

Nice pics, Joe. Thanks for posting them. I'm with you though, an occasional "steam night" is great fun, even for a died-in-the-wool diesel fan.

Chris:

That's actually an MT, not a GS. Mountain type, MT-4, 4-8-2. Used to pull passenger trains on the Siskiyou Line.

It belongs to my friend and Siskiyou Line regular, Brandon Thompson. He just pointed out to me that the loco's an MT-4, and not a GS.

Hey, I'm a 1980's diesel guy. What do I know? :rolleyes:

Well thanks for clearing that up Joe, and please thank your friend! I have a War Baby now and It looked like one to me :D But your a diesel guy, I'm a logging guy, we don't concentrate on those engines :p
-Chris

Yep, I'm not a real steam guy either. But one thing I want to do one of these days is get a 4449 excursion down my 1980s version of the Siskiyou Line.

I'd like the 4449 to have complete sound and lights, and would like to roll the video cameras to document the event. It's something I'm hoping to include in Siskiyou Line video volume 5 as a grand finale to the video series. :cool:

jfugate said:
Yep, I'm not a real steam guy either. But one thing I want to do one of these days is get a 4449 excursion down my 1980s version of the Siskiyou Line.

I'd like the 4449 to have complete sound and lights, and would like to roll the video cameras to document the event. It's something I'm hoping to include in Siskiyou Line video volume 5 as a grand finale to the video series. :cool:
That sounds like a great idea Joe :D
When I said I was a logging guy I meant my layout is based on it, but I love all trains! Just wanted to clear that up :rolleyes: ;)

Like I said on the other forum, it looks great, it totally belongs. Have a "Steam nite" once a month, and run GS-4s and GP9s and black widow Fs.....they will all look right at home on your incredible model railroad!
Matthew

Joe--that MT looked so incredibly cool on your fantastic railroad. Does your buddy have a 'deck' 2-10-2 that you could borrow for the next 'steam night?' That would blow my mind and make me salivate all over the place. Great layout, and super photos. Thanks for them.
Tom
113475947.jpg

Nice photos.

I wish there were some shots of an AC on your layout. That would've made my day.

Back