Tex-Mex Box Car

Matt,

I like it alot. About the only critique I have is that the bright orange on the door is maybe a bit too bright, or maybe just a tad heavy. It is a great color though, what is it? I really like the look just under the roof sills. Great job!

Glenn

uspscsx said:
About time I posted something.

This is a Roundhouse Texas Mexican Railway box car. It's not complete...not exactly. The ends, underframe, and trucks/wheelsets have yet to be weathered, and I am adding stirrups and airhoses.

Go ahead, critique away.

Why not use Photobucket's IMG tags instead of the URLs so we can see your photos within your message, rather than having to click on all the links. Like this:

P2081635.png

P2081634.png

P2081637.png

I just replaced the "url" with "IMG" at both ends of the strings

Bob,

The only reason I did that is that some members have complained about the size. I would use their re-size option, but my computer doesn't allow that to happen without either: A)Shutting down Firefox or IE; B)Crashing; or C)Messing up the photo entirely.

Matt

Looks great Matt. I would say you are coming right along!

uspscsx said:
I would use their re-size option, but my computer doesn't allow that to happen.....

Matt,

I was wondering if your digital camera came with a program for editing photos??:confused:
My camera came with Arcsoft Photoimpression and I just resize all of my photos on the computer and then upload them into photobucket.com.

At anyrate,the Tex-mex looks GREAT!!!!:D

Mike

If photos are over 250MB, Photobucket automatically cuts them in half - they become 125MB, and all dimensions are halved too.

Kieth/John.???
This is a really nice example of weathering. The peeling paint look is excellent.
I am curious which technique was used for peeling paint affect.
I have heard of 2..........One using rubber cement and scrubb pad followed by eraser............and a second using tempura paint over floquil.

Did you use one of these 2 or another technique i have yet to discover? :)

Tileguy said:
Kieth/John.???
This is a really nice example of weathering. The peeling paint look is excellent.
I am curious which technique was used for peeling paint affect.
I have heard of 2..........One using rubber cement and scrubb pad followed by eraser............and a second using tempura paint over floquil.

Did you use one of these 2 or another technique i have yet to discover? :)

Tileguy- Hehe, I'm not Keith or John. That's a quote from a The Who movie. I'm Matthew. But you can call me Matt. :D

Where are you referring to on the boxcar?

Matt

Old 97 said:
Matt,

I was wondering if your digital camera came with a program for editing photos??:confused:
My camera came with Arcsoft Photoimpression and I just resize all of my photos on the computer and then upload them into photobucket.com.

At anyrate,the Tex-mex looks GREAT!!!!:D

Mike
Mike, no, it didn't.:mad:

Thanks for the compliment.:)

Matt

Back