Ten Wheeler Time!

Decaling done. The boiler is just sitting on the chassis right now and the lead truck isn't connected to anything, it's just sitting under there. I have the satin coating to do, headlight & backup lights, marker jewels, window glazing, and of course the motor, gearbox, and decoder to install. Should finish tomorrow, then I'm going to take a break for a while! Maybe work on some passenger cars or build a few kits on my to do list. I don't want to burn out!
IMG_2332.JPG

Alan, another beautiful job!! I'm amazed at how fast you rework these engines.
Even though the calendar doesn't flip many pages, there are quite a few hours in these. I've been binging for a while, and I'm going to take a break. I have some actual work to do on my "staycation" so it can't all be trains unfortunately. :)

Take a break .. You have earned it! I have fully enjoyed watching your progress and you have brought back many points, and added a few, that I have forgotten over the years. I think you have encouraged me to start modeling again. I don't need a layout to enjoy the aspects of railroading again. Making me wish that I had not sold off so much of my accumulation because of not having a place to operate.

OK folks, one ten wheeler, all done. It even ran, all of 18" on my little test track. That's enough to know its good to go to the club and be tested and if necessary debugged. In deference to Sherrel, who has pointed out (correctly) that my lighting quite often sucks, I fired up the big lights for the "mug shots" this time.
IMG_2342.JPG
IMG_2344.JPG
IMG_2345.JPG

Back