I decided to Tear it down and Rebuild it. and make it a single level

New plans
KtA4Dgi.jpg

The tear down

O8iyUih.jpg

Wqqw04P.jpg

ZNqzCGn.jpg

lCG8Dg5.jpg

If you unwrap your plan you would have a point to point with passing siding. Any thoughts about doing a point to point shelf railroad?

Hey all. Progress going a little slow. But here are a few pics

Building a roadway under the tracks

mRUxeTq.jpg

8FzCbzJ.jpg

Going to paint the road. Which color do you thing is best? Black or Gray?

vEWhJyL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking progress. The road looks great.

Go with grey color on the road. And then you can also use a light watered down wash of black, and make the oily stains from cars in the middle of each lane.

For striping the road, go to the auto parts store, and pick up some very thin, the thinnest they have, auto pin striping. They should have double-yellow pin stripe. Thats what I used on my road. If you can't find the pinstriping in the store, just look online, there are lots of places that sell it.

Then use an exacto knife, and make some cracks and potholes, and use the black wash on that as well.

Here's my road....

P1000864.jpg

Motley,Beautiful! Road fantastic. Vegetation right on. Vista correct. "A" looks like somewhere along 85 towards Greeley.

Thanks for the replys . I have finally finish with the track layout and the wiring. Now i can work on the scenery.

RHdZS8A.jpg

Since i dont have the extra money to buy a fancy bridge. i made one from the scrap sticks i had lol

xjPiTG6.jpg

I want to put a pond where the X is on this photo. The foam is 2 inches thick. And going to make it about 1 inch deep. Would i need to seal it before i pour water? If so would plaster cloth work?

OwmbhsK.jpg

I would deal it off the best you can. I would fill in the banks with some kind of plaster. I used quickset drywall compound, once i had mine smoothed out, i let it dry shortly, then threw some paint on it. You will want to add some black to whatever area you want to seem like it has depth.

You can just paint the banks a earth like color... otherwise if you dont contain whichever water product you choose, it will seap through the foam and it will never build up.

I suggest you stay away from woodland scenics realistic water and instead pick up some invirotex lite at any home improvement store

Well i messed this up. the first black paint seemed to dark so i tried to add a little brown to the mix before i poured the last layer. but it seemed i made it worse. :(

m11yjIA.jpg

8Ud2cJ3.jpg

Back