Tam Valley Octopus III servo speed control

videobruce

Tower Operator
I have these Octopus III servo control boards and using their Octo III remote board to program the controllers there appears to be an option to control the sped of the servo but I can't figure out how to do it.

There is absolutely NO info on how to do this in the literature they give you or even mention of this other than something on the board itself that it is possible.

The turnouts I'm using are N scale Peco code 55 Electrofrogs with the spring intact (which I want it to be). Anyone that has these know what the procedure is with those 3 buttons on their programming board??

The Octo III remote is here (note the reference to slower/faster);

That what was in what was included with the board, but there was no mention to speed (as I stated) That short section must of been added after these were manufactured. :rolleyes:

Are these still available, 2 dealers claim they aren't?

If not, what else is available for servo turnout control??

Found this on their 'Contact us' page:

Duncan has retired due to health. All servo based products are being retired with him. Any existing orders will be finished.

Just as an experiment, tried to add an Octo III to the cart and got an error message. Hovering over 'products' only gives two options: Frog juicers and DCC Booster.

I think your dealers may be right, but I'm no authority.

Rats - - - this is the way I was going to go with my TO machines and controllers. Back to the friggin' drawing board. What's the matter with AMerican business sense? Surely there must be a knock-off/imitator company out there doing these same products?!?!?!

I have read, but am NOT an expert, that the new Walthers control system is quite similar.

Change on my end. I have five open box (new, not used package opened) Octopus III & a Remote unit for sale if anyone is interested.

So sad to hear about Duncan's health problems. I was an early adopter of Tam Valley servo products, and Duncan was extremely patient and helpful in answering my questions.

- Jeff

Back