Tall pine trees

Goldnut

This was my first attempt at making some trees. Any advice? I made them using the hanging flower pot liners.
trees.jpg

My first reaction was wondering if you would make some for me. I think you have done a great job for a first attempt. The color is excellent. I wonder if the main part of the tree should have a more tapered look and be a little less cylindrical looking. Other than that, they look great. Glenn

I think you have them looking excellent! What type of trees are they and would you consider doing a "How to" type thread here? I like them and what some of my own! Thee look so much better and realistic than the pines I've seen with a tapered end of the dowel sticking up bare headed at the top.

Wow. Thanks fellas.
Glenn- That one in the front left was my very first one and I too thought it didnt tapers as should. I will work on that.
WVG- That was one of the things I was worried about. In the tutorials I watched they looked less full before flocking. I had even more material on and pulled some off.
Mark- Tutorial? So you are the joker of the bunch eh! LOL As for type of tree I didnt have anything in mind other than trying to copy what others did in videos I viewed. Next time I make them I will get pics and do a tutorial.

Thanks for all the nice comments. Ken

Back