Tablet control via Arduino

Frank

Hi all, I'm converting my layout to take control from my tablet. I found some instructions here: https://create.arduino.cc/projecthu...n-demo-2-67d8a0?ref=tag&ref_id=train&offset=4

Hopefully, I'll have the last couple of pieces later this month. But, from the looks of the wiring diagrams, this should be a relatively easy project. Later on, when I start adding switches and lighting, it may get tricky. It looks like just doing the train controls is simple enough

I got the gear, came more quickly than I expected. I won't have time to complete the install until this weekend, but getting the Bluetooth module hooked up to my Arduino Uno and that connected to my tablet was pretty easy. At this point, it should just be a matter of connecting the power lead to the motor driver and track then uploading the appropriate sketch. Not a hard thing to do, but it's a big of a pain, since the arduino needs a pin connection and the driver is just going to give me a wire. But, with a few minutes of work, I should be able to get this working.

So far the only other hiccup is that the bluetooth password wasn't given. It's 1234. I guess, I'm going to have to change the combo for my luggage.

I setup DCC++ with similar hardware and it was pretty simple once I had the right motor driver (and actually understood the way programming works).

Z.

Back