Syracuse Train Show

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Hi all! I spent today at the Train Show in Syracuse NY. Great Show and very crowded. The high point of my day was to go the booth operated by my LHS and say in a very loud voice, "Heck, I can get all this stuff just as cheap at my Local Hobby Shop!". The owner looked up and just grinned and said, "Hi Ray!" Anyway here are some photos of the show.

Just stepped in the door of the first building and found this sign. A definate must have for my train room. Unfortuately I was going to come back and buy it latter and never did.

Syracuse0601a.png

There was a lot of collectors items including this beauty.

Syracuse0602a.png

Probably 30 or more modular layouts in the two buildings including one from my town that just formed and was unknown to me. They were combined with the RIT modular layout and formed one of the largest displays at the show.

Syracuse0607a.png

Some other shots of the Modular Layouts:

Syracuse0606a.png

Syracuse0605a.png

Syracuse0604a.png

My favorite every year is this logging Layout:

Syracuse0614a.png

Syracuse0613a.png

Syracuse0610a.png

Syracuse0609a.png

Oh and don't forget, Christmas is coming!

Syracuse0608a.png

I would have posted these to the WPF thread but I didn't want to hog bandwidth there. Besdies I'll have something for that by the end of the weekend, I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice thread, thanks for posting! I like that big red logging mill. I'll have to find a sign like that...

logging layout

Beautiful pictures Ray!

I "discovered" a month ago also a dutch logging layout and as a treefreak I am glad they(priesermen:D ) left some trees on that layout!!
I think you like it, or did you know already this web-site?;)
here it is: http://members.home.nl/l.bettonviel/

I found some nice pictures in my "Archieve" they were taken last year as we went to visit the "Stoomtrein Hoorn- Medemblik"
Thanks all of you for the pictures this weekend...
Jos

Thanks Ray for sharing your good time. Don't you just love Train shows: the excitement of the crowd, the vendors with their goodies, the clubs displaying their magnificent talents. We all, can thank the many clubs that participate in these shows. They really work hard at presenting the hobby to all.

LOVE the logging train!

Thanks folks! Yep shows like this are a lot of fun and a lot of hard work for those who put them on.

BTW, cool site Grove den. I enjoyed it.

Back