Sw1200rs

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
Found this on Railpictures today. Nice looking engine. Something to build in the near future. It's made from an SW1200 switcher w/a GP9 hood.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi !

It's a Ex-CN, this locomotive are just build by CN at Pointe St-Charles shop.

I already start to make one of them in HO scale.

Anyone have them ?

Thanks !

Hi !

It's a Ex-CN, this locomotive are just build by CN at Pointe St-Charles shop.

I already start to make one of them in HO scale.

Anyone have them ?

Thanks !

Ahhh! Guess my old memory is not so bad after all. A few weeks ago I was browsing some old MR magazines for ideas of what kind of layout I might build during the long cold spell coming.
Anyway there was an article about a kitbash someone did on this loco. However not having any photos or a source of info he made a wild guess as to what the cab end would look like. He didn't do too bad with the guess but the windows were not too accurate. The article showed it to be a CN loco.
Looks like a worthwhile project to model. Kind of nice to see another photo of it.

Cheers
Willis

Hi !

Wich year and month you see thid article ?

To make this loco in HO a good start it's with a athearn SW7, you keep only the walkway, the cab are from canon ( it's not 100% accurate for this model but it's the better) the long hood probably atlas... if you check recent subject i ask for GP7/9 information, it's for make this locomotive.

With the juneco SW1200 detail kit and other detail pieces you can finish the model.

Thanks !

That was my article, 22 years ago in the November 1987 Railroad Model Craftsman. All I had to work with was a very small 3/4 front view of the engine, and did not have info on the rear cab window differences. The model is often referred to as a "SWeep" - SW1200 + Geep.

Here's my model:

Sweep1.jpg

Bob that looks great!
What are the little lights at the ends, I'm thinking marker or class lights but they look like high ditch lights? you can really see them in Larry's photo.

Hi !

wow nice work, few little difference but if you don't have the picture it's ok lol

The cab are the most difficult a thing because the canon are not identical and not easy to work.

Anyone work with autocad to make the good one ? :D

Back