Surf the web?

lmackattack

old school
This is my #1 stop as I have watched the site grow from about 10 new posts a day to over 50+ sometines, But What other sites do we visit for model trains? Its also the only active model RR site I have ever followed that has a good group of members.

being a native new yorker i sometimes check out: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/

for the never ending search for prototypes i go here: http://rrpicturearchives.net/

this is my favorite layout so i visit this page from time to time and have it saved as well
http://www.lancemindheim.com/

i used to check out mtw but now i cant afford it.

and i watch a lot of model railroad activity on youtube. facebook and flikr also great for photos. i dont visit many forums though. i save all my rambling and dumb questions for this forum :D . i check out a lot of random sites

but as far as actuall knowledge and good informative convo with good people this site wins hands down...

I use to be on 3 diff. forums, but, they couldn't compare to this one, so, here I stay. When Bob H. built this forum on the original server(think that's what it's called) we only had a small amt. of guys & gals & it was hard to download photo's. Then when he changed to vBulletin everything started happening for the good of everyone involved.
I have this forum listed on my business cards & all my web sites that I belong to. I've got some real good friends here & this is where I will be the rest of my railroad days.

Can I get an Amen to that? :D
It really is a great site Bob... job well done!

Take the rest of the day off.

This is the only railroad related forum that I visit on a daily basis. I am quite active on 3 Jeep forums, a photography forum, 3 Nissan truck forums, and the ATHS (American truck historical society) forum

My most visited sites with the exception of social networking sites, im pretty active on a bigfoot/sasquatch forum :cool:, espn.com, and some other sites

This is the only RR forum I visit. I do like to visit www.ytmag.com for my tractor stuff. I kinda get tired of everyone's bickering on there so I just scan for posts that I think I can help on or I can learn from. On here I try to look at most of the posts, seems I can learn from everyone here.

This is the best forum in general that I have found (probably will never find one that is so well run and oragnized with everyone "playing nice":p)

For model trains....this is it. I've looked at others and feel that this one offers the best of everything from ideas to feedback to the "down home feeling".

I think I saw you post a few pics of it last year over there. We were just talking about old walters at my local chapter meeting on sunday. It appears there is one up for sale localy from a small township. plow and all....

Trent

This is the only model railroad site I go to. Sometimes a couple other sites (usually someone's personal site showing off their railroad).

As for other sites though, I am active on like 5 different forums, meaning I go on and post at least a couple times a week. Some I am on all the time when I am online. That and social networking sites.

Back