julienjj

Noodle is good
I want to upgrade my CN C44-9W to a somewhat higher standart:cool:

its looking like this:
ATH78943-450.jpg

I never detailled anything, so i need a lil help on finding what to upgrade

Real unit is looking like that:
9832.1274537075.jpg

Except the teardrop window, what detail item should i add ?
here is the list of what i have spotted yet:
-Ditch light
-red marker
-Hoses
-wipers
-coupler release bar

Okay, you spotted the cab. Kaslo has that, as well as the anticlimber and ditch lights for the front and rear deck. The coupler release bar is available from Railflyer Model Prototypes. If you're looking to do a lot of superdetailing, I'd suggest you search for some high quality photos of both sides of the units, as there are a lot of pipes and wires under the deck. As well, the walkways on some of the units have a grate to allow snow and ice to go through so the crew doesn't slip on them. There is a modeller on the internet who has done a full unit...

http://home.xcountry.tv/~r.hamilton/

Hope I've been helpful.

timothy dineen

Details West Set #05-230 GE DASH 9-44CW

DETAIL SET: SP, CSX, CP, NS
CONTAINS:
Snow Plow (PL-233)
"SALEM" Air Dryer Set w/Mounts &
Pipes (AF-237)
Bell (BE-238)
Rear Recessed Sandfiller Housing &
Hatches (SF-241)
Brake-Vent Regulator Valve (BV-245)
Handbrake Chain Pulley Beam (PB-
246)
Emergency Fuel Shut-Off Switch Box
(EF-247)
Traction Motor Cable Set (TC-239)
Pewter 1 SET

Any idea on how i could build the marker, i would like to have it working ? (located over the conductor ditch light)

For the marker over the ditch light, in the Kaslo cab kit there are two marker lights meant for the cab nose. You could glue one to the top of the ditch lights included in the Kaslo anticlimber kit. Then, drill a hole in the casting and get a small red LED (you can find them on eBay and other websites) and glue it behind the casting. As long as you have a resistor in place to lower the voltage to what the LED will run on, or have a DCC decoder built for LEDs, you should be fine.

timothy dineen

Switch the roof grab on the cab, Athearn has it on the wrong side for a CN model. Add the over-window grabs, A-line wipers. Details West GE Dash 9 bottom mount tanks (AT-261).

Appropriate lift bars can be acquired from RailFlyer, the DA version is wrong.

Yes, there is.

I just got some reflective tape for the sill stripe, I alway wondered how it would look with the real thing, I guess we are about to know

The Highball stripes look good. I've used iron on reflective tape though, on some models.

I was thinking about using these for the red marker, I would trim the backs flush and add a red lens and Surface Mount LED to light it up. Then add a styrene back and fill and sand to shape.

OMI9315a.jpg

OMI9315b.jpg

OMI9315c.jpg

I'm actually detailing an athearn csx version of this model and i also need help let me know how progress is coming along.

I was thinking about using these for the red marker, I would trim the backs flush and add a red lens and Surface Mount LED to light it up. Then add a styrene back and fill and sand to shape.

OMI9315a.jpg

OMI9315b.jpg

OMI9315c.jpg

Are those the discontinued Overland GE marker lights? :D

Back