Super detailing RPP SD90Mac and Dash 8's

NYSW F45

Very slowly i've been detailing these models. 2 SD90Mac's, 3 Dash 8's and 1 dash 9. All undecorated, motorless RailPower Products shells and frames.

So far almost all the parts are Details West with a mixture of DA, Cannon, utah pacific, hi-tech and i can't think of the others. Still not done. More parts sitting in bins and bags to be sorted and figured out where they are going.
Here's some pics to enjoy.
The GE trucks were just to get it on the rails. SD90'S.
RPP8-1.png

RPP10.png

RPP7.png

RPP6.png

RPP5.png

RPP4.png

RPP9.png

The GE's
RPP2.png

RPP3.png

RPP1.png

Speaking of beasts, I didn't notice the cat the first time around. If I let any of my cats on my workbench, they would think those locomotives were cat toys I built especially for them. Mass destruction would take about ten minutes tops. :eek:

lol. Yea its not that bad working on them really. Only thing i hate is using the pin vise with small bits. I attempted in using a micro chuck attachment for a dremel to use #80 bits. Well you can see in the one pic of the rear grabs that the speed created to much heat thus melting the plastic around the holes. Leaving me with gaping holes for the grabs.

Other then that I enjoy building them, not just these guys but most models. Going to suck when all BB and walthers kits are going to go for outrageous prices on ebay.

As for the cat, thats Charles Xavier. He doesn't bother me at all when working on models. Its the other 2 Mona and Chuck Morris that drive me nuts.

oh and can anyone tell me where or who makes the nose grab irons on the grey primered loco? It came that that way from the guy who gave it to me.

Does someone make those deck mounted front handrail stanchions or did you just clip the bottoms off athearn ones?

I hate kits because of the unprototypical way the handrails attach to the pilot (which look horrible once ditch lights are installed)

the one ge that has it installed came that way in the box. I did not install those railings. The SD90Mac I put those on as you can tell they are not perfectly straight. I'll have to see if i can drill into the front of the pilot instead of thru the top.

ok im dumb. I threw out the fan kits that are used on the RPP SD90Mac's. I can't remember if they are Detail Associates or Cannon & Co. Can anyone help me out?

Oh and a tad late, all the railings are Rail Detail products or whatever PPW sells for the RPP shells. I have Run 8 windows for all the shells to go in too.

And lastly, I hope someone can help me out. I need to find out if anyone makes those nose grabs on the Grey GE nose? Also, does anyone make the grab irons that go above the windshields on the EMD widecab?

nice. i'll have to order thru them. Only other option is buying the athearn sd75 grab iron set for $5. But I dont need all that stuff and its from 1 loco, this set can do 3.

Back