Sunday 26th New Week What are you Doing

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Well summer is here at last, I guess it isn't the best time for building layouts and model trains. Last week was graduation week for my grandaughter who is living with us. Thankfully that's over and behind us. Kind of at a standstill with the GP9 project. I have been reluctantly convinced, by others that it should receive much more detail than I had planned for it, so I have to wait until I receive the detail parts, which will set my timeline back a week or so.
I now have enough leaf green groundfoam processed to continue with scenery on the layout, so that's where my efforts will be for this week. I'll post a few pics as I get a bit done.
What are your plans for the week? :D
Cheers Willis

Well, for starters, I'll get my act together today and submit a post for the photo contest before "someone" bugs me any more. ;) (Don't forget, folks, there's only five days left to enter this month's contest!!!)

Then, I'll start working on my outhouse project. The first step will be to set up a suitable work area. I don't think the dining room table is the best "workbench" for this job. :eek:

Gee, bet you can't guess what I'm doing (since it's the same thing I've been saying for the last couple months :rolleyes: )

Suppose I need to get a picture for the contest too...almost forgot it was the end of June already! This month has flown by...guess I need to start my summer reading assignments soon too...ugh.

Just working on the Rock hopper, and 7 28' containers and trailers that I snagged from the 50% rack at one of my local train stores (Reeds for all you SD people...). I think I'll work on starting another SD40 too.

Oh man, summer, it got up to 118 last week. Good thing we're going on vacation soon!!!! Oh, and I'm still working on planning my layout! :D

I started on my airport project on my layout yesterday. I hadn't worked on the layout for quite a few weeks because of house chores. The airport is in the corner of the layout above the country scenes. It's going to be called "Mountain Top Airfield".
I used a 6" wide piece of 1/8th inch plastic for the runway & have finished 2 of the kit buildings. Those are the terminal & a small hangar. I plan on adding some more scratch built pole barn type hangars in the near future. The runway is 6ft. long. Have to put in
grass, foliage, tree's, dirt & some fuel trucks. I already have a bunch of airplanes & helicopters. I'll take some pics as I move along. I will have planes taking off & landing & planes flying around above the layout. Also, lots of aircraft sitting around taking up airport space. I sound like a kid playing w/his model airplanes. LOL

larry

well this weekend i took friday off so i could clean my car geting it ready for the car show on saterday . today i layed some more track and took some pics of the layout. i need to get them on a disk so i can show them . i think by next week i should be able to run a train on my main line then it well be time for the yard and industral track .

in the pics i have my yard in mock up stage so you will be able to see what the yard will hopefully look like

in the pics i have my yard in mock up stage so you will be able to see what the yard will hopefully look like
Hey where's the pics, we want to see the pictures
waaah.png

Cheers Willis

Well Ive got a ways to go before this shelf orphan is officially ready for the shelf, but heres where this last weeks puny efforts have been put. I really hate time constraints.Shoulda been born retired :D

Hey I like it, that's going to be a nice looking diorama. I don't want to be pushy but :D can you get the photo's a little larger. I believe there's some details I can't make out around the wood pile.
Cheers Willis

Mighty fine looking reefers and trackwork FR8, real nice looking models.
Well I didn't get too much done, visitors arriving, they'll be gone next week (good),
Installed the coupler pads in the GP9 shell ordered some detail parts including a set of pilot buffer plates ( I'm told no self respecting kitbash should be without them).
Yep the very best of materials to get the correct coupler height, a piece of a TV cabinet and three of those plastic clips that hold the bread bags closed. Would be nice to have a hobby shop close by :D
The imposible can be done if you are desperate enough (another Quote for leghome) :D
Cheers Willis

CBCNSfan,
I was happy to have my fr8 cars out rolling,I'm still working on my free-mo,So I can't say I did the trackwork..Funny thing was I wasn't even there..my fr8 Cars made the trip..hehehe..I'll be at the next one..

Chris,
Thanks for your reply

FR8...=)

Hey I like it, that's going to be a nice looking diorama. I don't want to be pushy but can you get the photo's a little larger. I believe there's some details I can't make out around the wood pile.

Thats the way it came out???
If you click on the thumbnail it comes up fullsize.I'm not sure why it posted as a thumbnail??It is eventually going to end up on an On30 layout which is in the process (a very slow process)
I changed from N scale to On30 and just had to try my hand at scratching in wood once again.Its been 20 years since i left HO and had the opportunity to build in Wood!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Back