Sunday 19th New Week What are you Doing

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Well almost forgot it, but maybe Sunday is a better day to start the week's planning. Kind of got a push on to finish the GP9, worked on it last night, put the bell on the long hood, had to remove it and put it on the short hood. Started to repair the hole in the nose of the long hood added the horns and base for the strobe. Followed Kadee's instructions for couplers, but something sure is wrong there. I'll cover that in another thread.

Cheers Willis

Anyway here it is before I started.

OK! the nose job is complete, the bell is on the right end, the horns are fitted (not cemented), the strobe is in place (also not cemented) and I can't find an antenna
Sosad-2.png
guess I'll have to reorder a bunch. This evening I'll do battle with the couplers, it will work if I ignore the Kadee instructions, assemble the coupler opposite to what they say, and file a bit off the shell.
Cheers Willis

Last edited by a moderator:
More painting tonight, and until Wed afternoon, then back to SD i go! I wanna stay here!

...it will work if I ignore the Kadee instructions, assemble the coupler opposite to what they say, and file a bit off the shell.
Sounds like the Ultimate Kitbash to me. :D Looks to me like you're doing a great job!

Our kids left to return to St. Louis today, so once I get over missing them, it's back to work --- no, make that play --- on the layout. I splurged Friday night and bought myself a Dremel tool. Justification for that was that by the time I acquired the necessary hand tools, the cost prob'ly wouldn't be much less than the Dremel. And besides, I'm a tool and gadget geek. ;) Now, all I have to do is learn how to use it without damaging too many body parts. :eek:

Update today: did some orange coating, but I ran into an issue with the water based paint :mad: its called running...

So off to striping a little paint on the GP30, and sanding it a bit on the SD60M... Oh well it'll get fixed before long.

L-R SD60M #9277 cab, GP30 #2460, Dash8-40CW #801, Dash8-40CW cab, and SD60M Hood.

I ran into an issue with the water based paint its called running...
OH! no, that's a bummer. I had that happen on 2 of the last C630's, it's not funny. I believe I did the sanding thing then switched back to an old Miller basic airbrush with a coarse nozzle and used the Modelflex paint for a very light coat straight from the bottle. In order to get the paint through the newer ones I had to thin it too much. If I might suggest, if you have to thin your water based paints use alcohol or blue windshield washer fluid (winter stuff) as it is also alcohol based. It's a much better mixer than water and it dries quicker. I bought the Miller brush back in the 70's :D
Hope it turns out good for you, you were doing such a nice job on those models.
Cheers Willis

Let's see...

Saturday I was away all day, but I did some computer work on the way. Sunday I saw Star Wars and went out for supper (Father's day treat for dad). Then I did some more computer work.

Today I loaded the (90) listings I did on the computer over the weekend. :eek:

well this is what i did yesterday a friend and i took a three hour drive to Montoursville home of bowser and englishes hobby shop. the guys there were verry nice and verry helpfull. that store was like a modelrailroaders heven compared to or hobby shop here. after we spent about three hours and alot of green. we drove back the three hours and got track down on half my layout :D wahoo just another half and a 13'Lx3'w yard to go :rolleyes:

emt49 said:
well this is what i did yesterday a friend and i took a three hour drive to monturesville home of bowser and englishes hobby shop. the guys there were verry nice and verry helpfull. that store was like a modelrailroaders heven compared to or hobby shop here. after we spent about three hours and alot of green. we drove back the three hours and got track down on half my layout :D wahoo just another half and a 13'Lx3'w yard to go :rolleyes:
Wow! How'd you find out about them? They are indeed my favorite hobby shop, for numerous reasons :D

They're in Montoursville...their website is http://www.englishsmodel.com/

sushob said:
Wow! How'd you find out about them? They are indeed my favorite hobby shop, for numerous reasons :D

They're in Montoursville...their website is http://www.englishsmodel.com/

we needed some D&H 100 tone hoppers and he knew thay were bowser and loves there mobels so we took a trip to buy a case of them and some other stuff.alot of other stuff

Back