Summer hobby ?

julienjj

Noodle is good
What do you do during your summer times ? any other hobies ?
Personally im trying to learn to fly rc plane this summer, gonna keep the train fun for those day where you melt if you go outside :cool:

I cruise

Cobra-1.jpg

Im a hot rodder and truck Junkie. I have a 1977 RS700L Mack that I restored and put back to work. A 1965 B model mack thats getting restored. A 1965 Cadillac. A friend and I sled pull with a 1975 R model mack. Got a Bulldog that loves to run with me to the car/truck shows. Im also big into Rock Music and make about 3-4 shows each summer. I enjoy packing the caddy full of some good friends and heading out for a night or rock and roll. Im the Designated driver and just making sure we all havfe a good time

If its got a motor im intrested in it

RS700andKW.jpg

cadillac.jpg

celli2-1.jpg

009_9.jpg

P1010104.jpg

truckpull0002.jpg

truckpull0001.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKvW12yLMWU

My summer hobby is enjoying race seasons! My goal is to go to at least 3 new tracks this year, already made it to one that is 20min from my new place :) Can't wait to see these guys come august

schatzkinserpnelson.png

Last edited by a moderator:
^the bigger one sprays Co2 and the smaller one is my nitrous pruge. In 90deg days if I turn it on it still frosts the intercooler.

love the race car trend...

this was my rocket for 10 years...just sold it last month.
IMG_3454.jpg

1991 Toyota MR2 turbo. best dyno pull was 285Wheel HP. not bad for a light weight daily driver. car was very fun to drive.

In our vintage travel trailer pulled by our vintage Suburban:

Nice way to travel. Love the old air stream. I had a 1989 suberban. that thing was a tank 200,000 miles and all it ever needed was a new trans as the clutch packs went out after a year of pulling over loaded trailers to and from IL-IA.

Had to get rid of it as it was very rotted out. lost more tools thru the floor boards LOL It was running like a champ and burned no oil. :(

Nice race car Ian.

This is what I do all summer long...(I'm about a 10 handicap)

20080910_63%5B1%5D.jpg

Golf course near my house.

20080910_21.JPG

Nice cars everyone, looks like most of us are secretly gear heads of one kind. I normally continue working on the layout in the summer months but tend to do a lot more rail fanning. I just finished a mechanical restoration of this 1972 Plymouth Custom Suburban station wagon. My grandpa bought it new.

downsized_0501001827.jpg

I've got a list of things..haha

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_14151.jpg

IMG_9066.jpg

and whatever extra time I have I spend it on the golf course or playing paintball.

Nice way to travel. Love the old air stream. I had a 1989 suberban. that thing was a tank 200,000 miles and all it ever needed was a new trans as the clutch packs went out after a year of pulling over loaded trailers to and from IL-IA.

Had to get rid of it as it was very rotted out. lost more tools thru the floor boards LOL It was running like a champ and burned no oil. :(
This Suburban has a new engine and transmission, new brakes, tires and wheels... The 7.4 engine, coincidentally, has a displacement that is common with the fuel mileage. 7.4L, 7.4 mpg... Pulls like, well, a train... Maybe the SD45 of tow vehicles...:rolleyes:
The Airstream only looks old because the shell is old. It has all modern amenities found on hew ones. For the money I have in the truck and camper, I could pay somebody to build my dream layout and equip it with DCC and sound equipped brass steam engines...:eek:

Back