Structural Shapes from China

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
I bought these shapes from an EBay store from China for building some new buildings on the layout. Here's the photo's & the dimensions. Some you could use for HO & some for N scale. I'll use them for HO. All pcs are 20 in. long.
The Channel isn't exactly a channel; 1/8" W. by 1/16th leg
There's 50 pcs. to a pack of these.

Square Tube; 3/16th"

I-Beam; 3/32nd" h. by 1/16th" leg(flange)

Square Rod; 1/16th in.

Angle; 1/8th in.
They are made out of thin wall PVC plastic.
The Ebay store is; OurModelWorld
It took about 25 days after the purchase to get here.
There's many other shapes on their web store & since I bought these they have some groups of shapes that they sell now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry, and the prices????

Angle(all have 50 pcs. per pack) $7.00
I-Beam $5.99
Channel $14.99
Sq. tubing $8.00
Round solid $6.99

There's other shapes & diff. sizes of squares & flats.
They also have great prices on LED's, vehicles, figures, lighting & other stuff.

Channel flanges are generally shorter than the channel width unless it's ship channel.

How about Junior Channel!! I use to be a structural welder by trade & owned my own welding shop for about 35 years. I use to carry 40ft. lengths of
3 & 4" channel across the shop until I fell & really messed up the old back.
That was when I was about 35 years old & didn't have any fear of injury.:rolleyes:

Thank you Larry, he seems very reasonable on prices!!!
This stuff doesn't have the same thickness as the American made HO scale shapes, but, for the price it works for me. I'm getting ready to add onto 1 of my engine sheds & I was waiting for these to show up to decide the shape of the building. W/shipping & the price of the shapes it all came to about $65.00.
I think when I start putting everything together the shapes will work out fine.

$65.00 for all of that material including shipping? Sounds like a good deal to me.If they have a thinner cross section unless your planning on using the in a support fashion may just be a plus.

Thanks for the heads up Larry I for one will check them out.

Back