Straightening Flex Track

Radmaximus

How do you guys get your flex track straight as an arrow? Laying some Micro Engineering code 55 and want to get it as straight as possible, but haven't come up with a good way to do that. Need some tips! Thanks in advance!

I use an old-fashioned yardstick. I have holes drilled in it and can temporarily tack it in place with push pins.

Good idea Willie. I have metal strips made for hand laying track that fit right between the rails. I used Shinohara code 70 flex track for parts of my HO layout and they were no problem, but I thought I would experiment with the ME flex track and found it a lot more difficult to work with and ended up using it in straight sections in a yard.

There is a tool that fits on the flex track to make it run straight and true. Its called a parallel track tool. I don't recall the manufacture, but will post it if I can find and info on the tool.

Greg

The tool above is available from Micro-Mark and is on page #78 of their new cataloge. Its part of a track laying kit #84114.

Greg

Try Fiferhobbyshop.com looks like he stocks the tool for N scale.

1556722017584.png

Greg

Thanks Greg, ordered two of the straights and a 21" radius one to try out. Found them for $10.75 at Midwest Model Railroad, plus its only one state away, should be a quick ship!

Mike

Back