Starting the new layout!

Say Ron,
Seems like ages since we last talked good to see posting again. Looks like you and your Dad are making great progress, glad to see it.

I'm still working on my layout too but you guys are sure beating me, but that ok as I contemplate making a number of changes as I go along.

Take care, good to see you back on the forum.

Love the all of the progress. This is the first time I viewed this thread in about 6 months so it's awesome to see all of the work that has been done. Looks great!

I know I'm late to the party, but I have read through the whole thing and cannot find where he got the track plan. He references John Armstrong, but I cannot find it in "102 track plans". Is this a custom design, modified, or out of a book? I love it.

Thank you,
Seann

I know I'm late to the party, but I have read through the whole thing and cannot find where he got the track plan. He references John Armstrong, but I cannot find it in "102 track plans". Is this a custom design, modified, or out of a book? I love it.

Thank you,
Seann

Here's a link to a thread when I first started planning the layout. It mentions the book I modified the plan from.

JOHN ARMSTRONG

Like how you made the concrete bridge. I want to model the same one for my Philly & Scranton layout. Video gave me plenty of good ideas. Will you be putting catenary up over any portion of the layout?

Ya would like to see any updates. its been awhile...

Any updates? Just found this today. What a great thread.

Kevin

I wish I had more time to get down to my Dad's house. It's been quite a long time since I did any work on our layout. I have started a new layout in my own basement. Here's a couple links discussing the design. LINK1 LINK2

Sounds like I have a few fans looking for more updates. Thanks for reading along everyone. I need to get my butt in gear and make some new videos. I have been doing work, just not taking the time posting about it.

Like how you made the concrete bridge. I want to model the same one for my Philly & Scranton layout. Video gave me plenty of good ideas. Will you be putting catenary up over any portion of the layout?

Thanks, I loved building this bridge. I do plan on having some Catenary on the layout. For looks only, non-operational. I love the look of the K tower cats with the high power lines on top... AWESOME

Hello Ron,
I'm new to this forum and have read all of your posts on the PRR Schuylkill Division build. Quite an impressive build by you and your dad. It's been over 40 years since I had my first train set and I remember fondly those days of youth watching my single locomotive go round. I've done modeling over the years but really would like to get into HO modeling. Been doing some research and came across your plan. I see you had it at some point available on. Was wondering if it was still available. I tried tracking down an out of print magazine featuring John Armstrongs Pennys Schuylkill track plan. Hoping it will arrive soon. I really like all of the various features that this plan offers from point to point, to just letting a couple of trains go round and round.
Thanks,
Rommel

Been doing some research and came across your plan. I see you had it at some point available on. Was wondering if it was still available. I tried tracking down an out of print magazine featuring John Armstrongs Pennys Schuylkill track plan. Hoping it will arrive soon.
Thanks,
Rommel

First of all, welcome back into this amazing hobby. Enjoy your trip on the rails.
If you are familiar with the Xtrack cad program, I can send you the file. It will save you a ton if work. Then you can just tweak it to fit your likes and space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could not ask for more if you could send the file. I've only glanced at the site for Xtrack and will have to spend some time navigating the program. Not quite sure how you could forward it without me posting my email for the world to see. Might have to change my forum settings to receive email from members.

Thx.

Back