Starting 7th Layout

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
Well, Gang, started cutting down the width & heighth of all my tables this week from my 6th layout.
All my side tables in the building are 36" wide & 42" high. I've finished the frames on 1 side & started the table on 1 end. I have 36ft on 1 side so far.
I have to have an opening w/a lift up track section so I can get to my back doors. The back doors of the building are swinging barn doors, 8ft. H by 12 ft wide. Anyway, I'll take some photo's tomorrow. Someone's going to have to give me some more photo space on this topic, since I was running out w/the GAP pictures. Any questions web masters, email me.

Larry

That's because I didn't post any. I just couldn't post bare steel frames w/no plywood tops. I bought the plywood today & will start installing them tomorrow. Probably won't be any pics until I start laying track. I figure in about 2 weeks I will have about 200ft tacked down on cork roadbed & that is only half of the trackage to come.

Larry

Finally got some plywood screwed down the last 2 days. Some pics of steel table tools & different angles of what I already have done. Nothing fancy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to try to download a rough sketch of the table arrangements.
There's going to be some changes to this sketch before I make a final decision.

taking Shape

Finally starting to come together. few pics. I finally did the backdrop myself. I did the best I could for a non painter. changed colors quite a few times till I got what I wanted. I think I need some more thicker clouds. What'ya think?

Larry

A few more of the houses, etc. Those houses & apartments & small business structures are on a 5" riser that will be up against the backdrop after I finish putting the celotex on the front as a mtn. base. There's 2 sections that are 12 ft. long each. There's a total of 42 buildings on both pieces. I already installed all of the lighting inside of every building w/the LED Christmas lites.

Larry

Nice Larry! Trains to be behind the houses?

EDIT
Never mind, maybe I should read first.

Nice Larry! Trains to be behind the houses?

EDIT
Never mind, maybe I should read first.

Trains will be in front of houses. Hope to have 4 mainlines. That's why I was trying to use up the space on both sides of that steel post w/buildings.
In about 3 days I will have the mountain scenery finished on the front of the risers & then I will take some more pics.

Larry

Coming Together

Here's a couple of shots of some things I'm working on. No track laid yet, just a bunch of cork roadbed. So far about 230 ft. When I get the rest of the plywood & finish attaching it to the rest of the steel frames & start laying track I will have about 540ft of track of just main lines. Still doing the structure placements & trying to get all of the scenery done against the walls before I start laying track. This is a 1st for me. Doing scenery before laying track. LOL

Larry

Back