start of new layout...comments/critiques welcome

Lew_#9000

hey everyone, my first post here! :D

firstly let me say that i live in the UK and i am starting an american themed layout...hopefully i will be able to discard UK practices (right hand drive, etc!)

so this is the start of my planned layout, the first town!
I always choose to model freelance...free you up a lot to create your own thing! ;)
I am planning on creating a Californian coast/mountains layout on TRS2004 as i dont have room for a layout yet :( :( .
Maybe a seconary main line, lots of medium length trains and medium sized steamers (mikados, mountains, etc), not many of the mommoth loco's (too big!)

Anyway the town is here in the attachments (just copy them and put them together in an image editor ;) ) sorry about splitting the image, but you'll get the idea! let me know what you think, i'll be on with more of the planned layout later!

I'm suprised no one has replied. It looks pretty prototypical to me, except in the middle photo, you'd probably have one long sliding instead of two shorter spurs.

I agree that so far it's looking good. Not knowing more about the available space you will have or what you want to accomplish makes it difficult to comment. Something you may want to consider, if you have the space, is an engine service facility for fueling your steamers and diesels. This would include a coaling tower, ash pit, water tank, and fuel tank with pumping station for diesels.. This can add a lot of enjoyment to your operations and make your yard area a very busy place. Also, have a track for cabooses. An engine house for repair work is another option. Have you thought about a turntable or way to turn your engines around?

Hello Lew #9000,,, first welcome to the forum, this makes two Brits, what part of the UK are you in.
What scale are you planning on and what space do you have

Back