Standard Barn Dimensions/ratios

Fergmiester

M.E.S.S. Maker
Realizing barns come in different sizes, is there a standard ratio of width x length x height?

Is their a standard for roof pitch?

I'm thinking about doing a Barn raising for my next project and plans if available would be greatly appreciated.

Fergie

Well since this question was also posted on the Model Railroader forum, I might as well post the reply I made there too:

I have some photos of an area prototype barn that I took a while ago. It was old and weatherbeaten, which attracted me. I printed my photos on heavy paper and mounted them on heavy cardstock (actually photo matte board), and made an HO scale model of the barn this way. I posted the photos of the barn, inlcuding full views of an end and one side in a web album way back in 2004, and posted the web address several times. People are still visiting the photos, with over 2900 visits so far. Check it out here if interested: http://gallery38074.fotopic.net/

There is a photo of the entire barn as well as my completed model.

Bob Boudreau
Atlantic Canada

Thanks Bob

I looked at the pics and have to say it's a very interesting concept. Actually its very well done! Thanks for the info.

Fergie

Back