Stained Glass Test

Railrunner130

0725151438_edit_1437852645993.png

Here is CC Crows White Stone Church. This shot is room lights off. Two LEDs light the sanctuary. A third light will light the bellfrey.

0725151439_edit_1437852697661.png

This is with room lights on.

I'm trying out three stained glass techniques to see what would look the best. The first is suncatcher material that was baked in the oven. The second is the printed acetate that came with the kit. The third is painted clear plastic.

What do you folks like the best?

I was also thinking you could try highlighter markers on a piece of tissue paper (or tracing paper), or try using transparency markers on a sheet of transparency film as would be used on an overhead projector (could probably use the transparency markers on any clear plastic). With transparency markers you can be a bit more precise than with a paint brush. Of the three examples, I like the two on the left best.

Thanks for the input everyone! I may try to computer print a design on some form of clear plastic, such as what you'd use with an overhead projector. That may allow me to print photos of actual church stained glass if I can get it to the right size.

I like all 3 of your experiments. If you want the windows to look like real stain glass, you could use Gallery Glass by Plaid. It's a liquid, and when it dries it looks like the real deal. It's fairly cheap, and can be found at Walmart and craft stores.
GalleryGlass.jpg

I look forward to seeing your finished windows.
D.A.

Back