SRR Coaling Tower @ Night

Really nice. I especially like the herald in the arch.

Look ahead, look South!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. In that shot, I could see the date a lot clearer.

I wonder if I can duplicate that through a decal. I've got one of those FM coaling towers that I am building up as abandoned.

Is that one on the L&N still above a line? Could you tell (when you were there) if a spur track for bringing coal in was still there?

Is that one on the L&N still above a line? Could you tell (when you were there) if a spur track for bringing coal in was still there?

Behind the L&N tower at Chaska, TN there appeared to be a long forgotten, overgrown right-of-way high on the hillside that must have been the supply track. The track under the tower is still an active siding.

For anyone following along, here's the photo link to the Chaska tower. http://ericmcferrin.smugmug.com/Ind...owers/19224331_Mqxgg3#1499563475_ScnqnF2-O-LB

Nice shots Eric! Love the timed exposure. What were the settings on the camera?

Hey Carey. Thanks for the comments.

The camera settings for the first shot were: 25 sec shutter, f/5.6 aperture, ISO 100.

The second shot was 70 sec, f/5.6, ISO200.

As you can see, the ambient light levels on the second shot were considerably lower. Both images were shot in manual mode and the tower was "painted" with a spot light. The camera used was the Canon EOS 50D with a Sigma 10-20 lens set at the 10mm focal length.

Back