Spring 2017. Photo Fun.

GarryCBQ

The last monthly Photo Fun was January.... Let's try one for all of Spring 2017. Hopefully, it lasts and everyone enjoys it.

Here is a photo to kick it off. ....

F-units in Hinterland with an eastbound train...... (2 Genesis F3 Phase IV's and 1 Intermountain F3 Phase II.)

F3s125136123_zps62d3667e.jpg

Nice photo Garry. May as well put my 2 cents in. The locomotive is an old Athearn locomotive that had been remotored near 30 years ago and detailed from a photo of the real thing.

attachment.php

Still working with my new camera...the lamp in the background maybe a little too bright. This is the Omro Junk Yard on the Milwaukee Northern. Need to weather the con!

Greg

IMG_0016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a while for me

At least a few years since I've been on here. I'll dig into the archives for a couple pics . Enjoy.

Attachments

• 100_0123.jpg
    100_0123.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 271
  • 100_0194.jpg
    100_0194.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 275
Good plan Garry, and nice stuff so far Guys!

Here's what I've been up to, an end to my Loram train.
This one is just a practice car built with scraps, I'm starting on a keeper tomorrow.

IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2071.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2082.jpg
    IMG_2082.jpg
    523.8 KB · Views: 247
There are some really nice photos here. Rico - Nice build. Please post the competed car.

Being that it is spring and the sun is out, here are some people enjoying the local park.

IMAG1089.jpg IMAG1090.jpg

Also found some girls working on their sun tan.

IMAG1091.jpg

Chet .... I like the switcher running between trees, and your park scene.

Greg .... Your junk yard scene is great.

dieselfan1 .... Wow!.... N Scale definitely allows for modeling the wide open spaces.

Rico ... Your practice car looks very good already. Maybe you don't need another. Interesting subject to model.

Dave S .... Your Geeps look outstanding.

----
Here is my sleeper/lounge car.

HHC1_zps608b09fb.jpg

Here are a couple of pickups I have been working on. The Crew Cab is a Trident model with a Details West Hy-Rail kit, and the Regular Cab is a River Point Station.

P1040243.jpgP1040251.jpgP1040255.jpg

Great looking trucks Gary!
I put on a few miles in those puppy's back in the day.

Let's keep this going guys!

Here's a shot up main st on my layout I have a lot of work to do yet I've had my 4x8 layout for 5 yrs this May image.jpg

I like the street TrucTrain. What did you use for materials?

I have a section of my roundhouse hooked up with lights. I can finally see the end of this long project.

20170401_221002cr_zpsq2c7d2pl.jpg

Here's a shot up main st on my layout I have a lot of work to do yet I've had my 4x8 layout for 5 yrs this May View attachment 61209
Dave I used some thin rubber material that keeps freight from slipping on trailer floors a driver was throwing rolls of it in the dumpster where I was loading so I when dumpster diving and got some of the rolls it makes great asphalt highways and streets I sand it a little to get a used look thanks

Hi everybody, 9 years passed and my layout still be the same; hoping everyface still be here; umm ..where is Grandeฦ DSCF4046.jpg

Dave: Great photo and modeling work on the lighted roundhouse!!! The photo would make a great screen saver.

Thanks for sharing.

Greg

Thanks but it still needs a lot of work. Like santafewillie says I need to dirty it up. Besides that I envision lots of work benches, tools and parts and carts and people. But that's going to take some time and a fair amount of cash. I'm just glad for now that my locos have a dust cover.

Back