SpaceMouse's New Years Photo Fun

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
Two major accomplishments this weekend. First of all, the room where Phase 1 of the Redwood Empire is going is done. Where you see cinder blocks there will be layout--with the exception of to the right of the door, where it will just be a diorama that matches the layout theme.

I asked my wife to paint clouds in the room. She paints abstract landscapes, a genre which she invented. I should have known how the clouds would turn out. They look really good, just not backdrop material. Since I'm not going to build more than the benchwork for 8-10 months, there's not problem. She assures me she will paint an extension of my redwood scene when the time comes. And yes she can paint very good landscapes.

basementempty05.gif

basementempty06.gif

basementempty07.gif

And the second thing I got done was my staging tracks. Well they're not done. I was short one piece of flex and I ran out of joiners. And it is not wired up.

staging01.gif

I even got the backdrops for the Rock Ridge cut and primed. The layout has taken two steps back, but at least it is now ready to move forward.

You lucky dog, having a wife that can draw and paint. The clouds look darned good to me, all I have is a plain blue sky.. :)

CSX_road_slug said:
Now that's what I call family involvement - nice work!

Dragging kicking and struggling. She thinks I have talent enough to do it myself. I disagree. She relented when she understood it was going to be an entertainment room for 8 months before the track goes down.

Back