Sp Sd45t-2 #9333

funnelfan

My SP SD45T-2 is nearing completion, so I decided to take some pics of it with some of my other SP power on fellow modeler Brent Strong's layout. The only other things I plan to do is add the number board decals, windshield wipers, and paint the long side handrails (I already painted the front and short side handrails).

BTW, what is your opinions of Athearns new Ready to Roll SD40? I just won a SP one on E-bay for $48.

Ted, I have an Undec SD40 shell, and its amazing, the work they went through converting the RPP shell. EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING, is a separate detail, down to the blower housing. I hope they plan to re-introduce the SD45, its about time they get rid of that wide body SD45 kit. I dunno how it preforms, but hey, its an Athearn right!?

Well I have 2 of the RTR Athearns and I might add they are fantastic on details and smooth runners.

By the way your SP looks great!:D

Anyways I have about 40+ hours now on my UP SD40-2 Desert Storm Scheme. It is still running strong. I have put a DCC decoder in it which is even better. I am in the process of gathering new LEDs for the lighting. I am going to add the ditch lights and change out the F an R hood lights to be LEDs as well. This loco does run very good and has great detail. My other loco is a UP AC4400 with American Flag Scheme and that one runs great as well. This one will also undergo the LED light change.

Well enjoy your new SP loco from ebay! I need to get me another SP for my stable...I have a SD9 Cadillac style with all the lights. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sd45t-2

My SP SD45T-2 is nearing completion, so I decided to take some pics of it with some of my other SP power on fellow modeler Brent Strong's layout. The only other things I plan to do is add the number board decals, windshield wipers, and paint the long side handrails (I already painted the front and short side handrails).

BTW, what is your opinions of Athearns new Ready to Roll SD40? I just won a SP one on E-bay for $48.

Great Photo Love the engine and the background.

NYC_George

I hope they plan to re-introduce the SD45, its about time they get rid of that wide body SD45 kit.

Actually, Athearn seems to have announced (at WGH) an SD45 and an SD40T-2 in "Genesis" quality. I guess that means up to par with
the SD45T-2.....

Regards,

René

Actually, Athearn seems to have announced (at WGH) an SD45 and an SD40T-2 in "Genesis" quality. I guess that means up to par with
the SD45T-2.....

Regards,

René
Huh, I guess thats in the next Athearn newsletter.

Can't wait for a new SD40T-2 & SD45. I still have yet to buy an SD45T-2

Back