Southern New Mexico Club Site

Not gonna happen. After 25 years of work, my current layout has almost all of the scenery done and all of the track down. Many years of construction was lost due to have no hobby shops locally but thanks to e-retailers I was finally able to move forward. At my age I'm not going to start over again, besides the fact that the old eyeballs aren't what they used to be. I'll stick with HO scale thank you. I do like the fact that there are so many more details available to add to a layout in HO scale. When the last town has been completed, I can go to older parts of the layout and freshen it up.

Not gonna happen. After 25 years of work, my current layout has almost all of the scenery done and all of the track down. Many years of construction was lost due to have no hobby shops locally but thanks to e-retailers I was finally able to move forward. At my age I'm not going to start over again, besides the fact that the old eyeballs aren't what they used to be. I'll stick with HO scale thank you. I do like the fact that there are so many more details available to add to a layout in HO scale. When the last town has been completed, I can go to older parts of the layout and freshen it up.
Well there you go. The important part is to have fun !!!!!

Thanks , Mike

Locally there is a club that has a modular N scale layout that they put on public display in various locations around the state. I have seen it a number of times and they have done some nice work. I can't believe how well todays locomotives run. When I changed scales, out of about 15 locomotives, I only had three that ran decently (not nearly as nice as todays) and they were from Trix. The rest could have made some nice fishing weights.

I can't believe that I used to work in N scale. Now that I'm getting older, they seem smaller. ??? What I used to do easily in HO scale now requires magnifiers. It's a bi**h getting old.

Chet

Good Morning Guys and Gals , Here is a link to the video of yesterdays run day at the N Scale Southern New Mexico N Scalers Layout.

[video=youtube;lVjodhpeR5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVjodhpeR5I[/video]

Thanks , Mike

Enjoyed the video. Looks like a nice group of people. It also looks like some scenery work was done since the last time I saw this layout.

Looking good. Thanks.

Chet

MIKE. You guys/girls have made tremendous progress. The scenery and all looks great! Very nice group of people.

Enjoyed the video. Looks like a nice group of people. It also looks like some scenery work was done since the last time I saw this layout.

Looking good. Thanks.

Chet
Thanks Chet, we have done a lot of ground cover and backdrop work.
Mike

MIKE. You guys/girls have made tremendous progress. The scenery and all looks great! Very nice group of people.
We all seem to get along well. We have not killed each other yet!!! LOL
I think it all comes from letting folks do what they want on the layout and just accept it as it is and then help things that need improvement.

Mike

Hello everyone , I took this last Wednesday and hope you all enjoy the train watching.

[video=youtube;zEyoB_bYmE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEyoB_bYmE0[/video]

Mike

I was elected to build the flood loader for our clubs new open pit mine area and this is what I have so far. I have more buildings to go in the scene but not all done yet.

Walthers%20N%20Scale%20Flood%20Loader%201.png

Walthers%20N%20Scale%20Flood%20Loader%202.png

Walthers%20N%20Scale%20Flood%20Loader%203.png

Walthers%20N%20Scale%20Flood%20Loader%204.png

Mike

I had though about my old N scale layout a few times wondering what it could have turned into if the N scale locomotives back in the 70's ran as good as they do today. As I mentioned earlier, I had over 11 scale miles of main line alone and had so many possibilities to expand, but the frustration with the poor quality of locomotives was too much.

Here are a couple of scans of old Polaroid pictures of part of it.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Another problem back then was also the availability of road names. Not very good back then. You guys are doing some really good work and I really enjoy your videos.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I told you all I would update the placement of the loader so here you go. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Snapshot%201%209-13-2016%2012-45%20PM.png

Snapshot%202%209-13-2016%2012-46%20PM.png

Snapshot%204%209-13-2016%2012-46%20PM.png

Snapshot%203%209-13-2016%2012-46%20PM.png

Thanks , Mike

Latest Video as well.

[video=youtube;OU3drQK6SPw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU3drQK6SPw[/video]

Mike

That's quite the addition to the layout. Should generate a lot of rail traffic. Enjoyed the video also. Keep up the good work.

Back