South Western HO figures

ckj6900

Hi guys,
since I am a bit stuck on the building part of my new layout, I started searching for things I will eventually need.
The fact it is the TEXAS MEXICAN Mining RR i will need some really south western looking figures. Anything from Cowboy style figures to Mexican ones...
If I remember right, Preiser used to have some in their program but have not been successful in finding any.....
So if anyone has some sources they want to share, I would be very grateful.
Thanks!
stay safe and healthy
Chris

Chris...neat concept! But sad to say , I don't know of what your looking for...but it's early, somebody should be along to help you......

Hi,
I finally got lucky and found some figures. Not Mexican ones but Cowboy like ones that can be adapted.
It is a Chinese company that makes them, unpainted but looking quite good.
here is a link:

I ordered both sets, the price is quite reasonable. Once I have them I will tell more about it....
still looking for some Mexican style figures.......
Be well
Chris

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-14 Outland Models Modelleisenbahn alte westliche Leute Figurenset Spur H0 1...png
    Screenshot_2021-04-14 Outland Models Modelleisenbahn alte westliche Leute Figurenset Spur H0 1...png
    603.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Screenshot_2021-04-14 Outland Modelle Eisenbahn Landschaft Land Landwirt Bauer FIGUR SET HO Ga...png
    Screenshot_2021-04-14 Outland Modelle Eisenbahn Landschaft Land Landwirt Bauer FIGUR SET HO Ga...png
    225.2 KB · Views: 156
Hi.
here is one of the trains and equipment to be used on the layout.
Since it is one in the border region, crossing the border, in the 40tie, 50ties and early 60ties, a mix of US and European equipment is used. A lot of countries including Mexico bought narrow gauge equipment from Europe/Germany in the time between the wars.
so here you have an Americanized Diesel, US and Euro Gondolas and a German passenger car.
It adds variety, character and endless possibilities.Especially since private Mining RR used anything they could lay their hands on...plus a lot of shop build or converted equipment.
The layout is HOn2 1/2...9 MM track representing 750 MM track in real life, many Meter gauge Equipment was used and re gauged to 750 MM like the passenger car.It ran in Germany on Railroads with both gauges.
Here are some pictures of one of the trains.....
enjoy
Chris

Attachments

• 0-9.jpg
    0-9.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 0-6.jpg
    0-6.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 0-13.jpg
    0-13.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 114