Soundtraxx Tsunami : sound is very low.

jagc1969

Hello,

I have purchased recently a Soundtraxx Tsunami for ALCO 244 to be installed into an Atlas RS3. I have purchased also a Railmaster DS1436-8 Bass Reflex Speaker. I have completed the installation, and I have set all sound-related IPs to 255. The problem is that the sound is very low. In a layout you have to stick your ear to the shell to hear the sounds . The rest of the locomotives in that layout have Loksound decoders installed, and they sound like an orchestra, but this Tsunami...
I am European and very accustomed to work with Loksound decoders. This is the first Tsunami I have worked with.
Have you got any suggestion, please?
Should I replace the Tsunami for a Loksound Select?

Any suggestion will be welcome.

Thank you very much.

Hi jagc1969,

Have you tried a reset on the decoder, also you could try another speaker, where is the speaker located in the loco.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi jagc1969,

Have you tried a reset on the decoder, also you could try another speaker, where is the speaker located in the loco.

Hi Peroni,

The speaker is located in the short hood, pointing downwards.
I'll try a reset.

Thank you for your help.

Did you put the speaker in a baffle? If not, this is more than likely your issue. Baffles are very important when it comes to getting the most out of your speaker.

I agree with you the sound is quite low especially when compared to other sound decoders. I have three loco's with factory installed Tusunami Soundtraxx decoders in them. On all three I set the CV's to the loudest possible level and I still find it low. Two of the loco's are now running in a consist, and programmed to do so according to Tsunami's spec's. When running in a consist the sound is much better, but individually not so much.

Back