Soundtraxx Decoder Driving me Insane

dukesterpro

Hi everyone!

Last night I installed an Eco-PNP into my Stewart FT. Everything worked great. It ran around the layout for about 6 hours. I took it off the layout and put it back in its display case and went to bed. This morning I set it back on the track, the headlight comes on kind of dim. The prime mover fires up. But I have no control. Occasionally the mars light will flicker but other than that it will just idle.

Here is what I have tried

-Resetting the command station
-resetting the decoder (blue pilot light on the board turns on as well as the headlight and then shuts off) (on programming track)
-checking speedsteps
-verifying wiring is correct
-decoder was never locked and appear to be taking programming commands
-no red error light, just no response

Where do I go from here?

Thank you,

Dugen

Wish I could be of more help, but you've already tried everything that I could think of.
Contact Soundtraxx and see what they say. I've found them to be pretty responsive.

[-resetting the decoder (blue pilot light on the board turns on as well as the headlight and then shuts off) (on programming track) ]

The blue light being on shows that there's track power running to the decoder and then no blue light that shows the decoder is not receiving power. Look for a loose or broken wire to the decoder or lack of power to the track.

Second did you do the correct reset for this brand of decoder?

Greg

Back