Jesse022.jpg

Jesse020.jpg

Jesse012.jpg

Jesse018.jpg

Jesse050.jpg

Jesse049.jpg

Jesse043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome models!! My fave is the black Athearn Kenworth with the double sleeper!! Wish I could come up with trucks like that!!!

Wow, those are some awesome kitbashed trucks. I could never get to that level of detail. The only thing that looks odd is the black Crown Vic. It appears you have a passenger side spotlight installed on the driver's side. Also, the antennas look a little heavy compared to the ones you have on your trucks. Of course, police cars are the only thing I know anything about, so I would notice that. :)

Wow, those are some awesome kitbashed trucks. I could never get to that level of detail. The only thing that looks odd is the black Crown Vic. It appears you have a passenger side spotlight installed on the driver's side. Also, the antennas look a little heavy compared to the ones you have on your trucks. Of course, police cars are the only thing I know anything about, so I would notice that. :)

You are right. I played around with the spotlight, but it seems like the arms aren't positioned in feasible manner. The package they came in comes with four different positions, but none of them see to look right. As for the antennas, that was all I had available.

nice freight shaker. hang a light blue V12 detroit with twin intake and exhaust and it will finish it off perfect. Also like that old Ford

looks real good. :)

i will settle for "real working rigs" from WM for now (3$ each in or local one)

I really dig that Freightliner. Those wheels really fit the look of the truck.

Did the spotlights come from a Busch kit? If so, they don't tell you, but one is a driver's site and the other is the passenger side. It's almost impossible to tell if you don't have 25 years experience looking at them. :) You have to drill though the A pillar and thread the handle and spotlight post in to really make the spotlights look good. River Station has much easier to apply spotlights.

I use sold core 22 gauge wire for antennas. I just strip it to the length I need and leave a little insulation on the bottom to simulate a base. This is an example of the wire antennas, and also the Busch spotlights installed correctly.

Did the spotlights come from a Busch kit? If so, they don't tell you, but one is a driver's site and the other is the passenger side. It's almost impossible to tell if you don't have 25 years experience looking at them. :) You have to drill though the A pillar and thread the handle and spotlight post in to really make the spotlights look good. River Station has much easier to apply spotlights.

I use sold core 22 gauge wire for antennas. I just strip it to the length I need and leave a little insulation on the bottom to simulate a base. This is an example of the wire antennas, and also the Busch spotlights installed correctly.

I've seen your antennas before and definitely like them a lot more then mine. That's what I thought in regards to the spotlights. The handle needs to go through the pillar.

Hopefully, I will be done with the private security gig at the nuke plant and off to a local PD where I will be able to see the prototype everyday.

Very nice work! I really like that wide load banner, I need a couple of those.
Make sure you take it off when bobtailing or you'll get a hefty ticket.
Ah heck, they'll give you one for anything.

Very nice work! I really like that wide load banner, I need a couple of those.
Make sure you take it off when bobtailing or you'll get a hefty ticket.
Ah heck, they'll give you one for anything.

I heard that before. I swear I've seen truckers here in NH do it...

I got pulled over for having a wide load sign on my truck once. I brought a Cat with a large blade to a City job site and was empty going back to get a 2nd Cat. Blade was only about 12" overwidth. Kid Cop stopped me in the middle of the narrow chicago street and said to take the sign down. I tried to explain It was safer to leave it on for another 30 mins going back to the yard than to stand in chicago traffic for 5 mins taking it off. no go. So as requested I stayed parked in the middle of a narrow 2 way street blocking traffic for about 5 mins while I took all the bungie cords off the sign, layed it down folded it up, unlocked the tool box, put in the tool box, then went to the rear and took that sign down, folded it up... . then the cop said when I come back to unload the 2nd machine just get it off the trailer and move the truck from blocking the street as fast as I can. I could take the sign down back at the yard.... Duh! thats what I was doing in the first place!!!! thank god he was there to tell me how to do my job LOL
Common sence was not seen that day on the other hand I see some drivers keep the sign up pulling a dump trailer LOL ...just a sterring wheel holder IMO

Bob...

the Black 4 axel tractor is a pete
the Black 3 axel tractor is a KW

grill and hoods are diffrent, both are now made by Paccar

I went on a little buying spree tonight.

I bought
1 GHB 50 ton 3 axel lowboys
2 GHB 1950s 2 axel lowboys
3 mack B model cement trucks
2 woodland scenics dozers

now I need to get 2 Mack B model tractors to pull the 1950s trailers and a R model for the 3 axel. All will have lights installed and placed on the club layout. Pics when finished

Last edited by a moderator:
I got pulled over for having a wide load sign on my truck once. I brought a Cat with a large blade to a City job site and was empty going back to get a 2nd Cat. Blade was only about 12" overwidth. Kid Cop stopped me in the middle of the narrow chicago street and said to take the sign down. I tried to explain It was safer to leave it on for another 30 mins going back to the yard than to stand in chicago traffic for 5 mins taking it off. no go. So as requested I stayed parked in the middle of a narrow 2 way street blocking traffic for about 5 mins while I took all the bungie cords off the sign, layed it down folded it up, unlocked the tool box, put in the tool box, then went to the rear and took that sign down, folded it up... . then the cop said when I come back to unload the 2nd machine just get it off the trailer and move the truck from blocking the street as fast as I can. I could take the sign down back at the yard.... Duh! thats what I was doing in the first place!!!! thank god he was there to tell me how to do my job LOL
Common sence was not seen that day on the other hand I see some drivers keep the sign up pulling a dump trailer LOL ...just a sterring wheel holder IMO

I'm surprised that you even got stopped for that especially in Chicago of all places.

Back