Some shots from last night.

BNSF dude

BNSF foamer
I was at Curt's and I was running his BN F45 with Lok sound & working rotating beacon. It sounds great! I also got some shots around the mini town.
PS I did not photo shop them I just sharpened em. I had the shutter time longer.
BTW It was pulling well cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to sure what you're looking for, praise or whatever. As an amateur photographer I'm afraid there's nothing great I can say about the photos. Just because photos can be taken by a digital camera in low light, it doesn't mean any taken are automatically good. Most are gray and washed out, grainy, with no appearance of anything realistic. I'd suggest trying some more with some room lights on.

See my enclosed photo showing what I mean. Taken using the light in the model enginehouse. Nothing dark or murky here. It appears to be a shot taken at night.

Here's a few tip's,
When taking a pic of a loco or rolling stock have it stationary with a good light source, household light's no matter how good give off a yellow hue, can you get the pics in daylight, is there is a window in the room. Try to avoid useing the camera flash as it flood's the foreground which makes the background look very dark
The recreation area shot will look good in better light, give it a try

I don't have a flash, It was 8:30, and my camera is crap. Nice pic Bob! I'm going to get a Kodak C330 camera it has 4 mega pixels. But I was talking about how the locomotive works. I'll have to tfry turning off the lights and ise the light of the locomotive.

BNSF dude

I think its great that you had some fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures too. Some of them are good. How did the loco sound (with locksound)?

As far as the pics are concern, keep at it: Practice make perfect.

cheerio

Yes, set it up with the light on and set the camera on something solid so it won't move, even better use the timer function on the camera, most newer models have one, this way you won't get any bluring like you do trying to hold a camera in the hand.

Back