Some pics from my trip to local Pacific Southwest Railway Museum

Mogul2-6-0

Rookie Switchman
Thought Id share some pics from my trip over to this museum yesterday. Some amazing stuff there. I'll edit/post more info on them later.
She was running a few years ago they need a new furnace and probably boiler if any one has as an extra $500K laying around LOL
They were grinding on her while I was there. Amazing piece of mechanical engineering.
Feb09TrainsCampo027.jpg

Feb09TrainsCampo030.jpg

Feb09TrainsCampo045.jpg

Feb09TrainsCampo051.jpg

Feb09TrainsCampo052.jpg

This is the one I want to model old #104, Baldwin Consolodated 2-8-0 Last surviving SD & A Railway Steam loco
Feb09TrainsCampo021.jpg

Nice shot cant believe I took it.
Feb09TrainsCampo091-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Josh,
No, total bonehead move. I got up, started getting ready to go, and checked the times, it was from 7-10Am but it was already 9:30 arrghhh.
Since I was clear to go out and had trains on my mind I made the pilgrimage to Campo instead. Glad I did its beuatiful out there.

Cheers,
Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
The San Diego Division swap meet is the 28th, in Vista. I'm going to try to be there too.

Nice shots at the museum. I especially like the zebra striped ALCO and the Simplot ALCO that still had the full SP light cluster.

JIm some more info on the zebra.
You can read the roster at:
http://www.sdrm.org/roster/
Ive got a few more interesting pics I'll post too.
Like a UP caboose and a SP bay window caboose, now I want one of the Athearns SP bay windows.

The Zebra
In early 1988 the copper-hauling veteran was restored to operating condition by museum volunteers. It was then painted black with silver "zebra" stripes and trim in the style of post-World War II Santa Fe diesel units, and renumbered ATSF #2098 for display at the museum-sponsored RAILFAIR '88 at Santa Fe's Wright Street yard in San Diego May 6-8, 1988 (Santa Fe's only ALCO R-2 was #2099; it never had a #2098). It also provided the motive power to bring museum freight cars from Campo to San Diego for RAILFAIR '88 and back again. In early 1990 its turbocharger was removed, repaired, and reinstalled by museum volunteer workers. "ATSF #2098" (which never was a Santa Fe locomotive) is currently undergoing an engine rebuild

The Siplot:
Southern Pacific
RS-32
(DL-721)
Locomotive

Josh thanks for the tip on the swap meet in Vista, Now I dont feel so bad, I'll definetly plan on going.
OK last batch:
No idea what this is but it looked cool:
Feb09TrainsCampo024.jpg

Up engine:
Feb09TrainsCampo040.jpg

UP boose:
Feb09TrainsCampo041.jpg

Kaiser Steel Bay window the SP bay window is behind it:
Funny its like SP copied the Athearn model? lol
Feb09TrainsCampo042.jpg

Part of the The SP bay window:
Feb09TrainsCampo043.jpg