Some new power roaming the Rails

funnelfan

Went to town this last week getting some recent purchases up and going. The BN 6770 is a unit I won on ebay back in August for $102 including shipping. It sat on the shelf until this week when I finally got around to putting a decoder in it. I tore out the Kato circuit board and hard wired a 9 pin harness. I used two 1.5v bulbs for the ditch lights and a 12v bulb for the main headlight and number boards. I also detailed the unit with lift rings, antenna, and MU hose. Still have work to do like weathering and some more detailing, but photos of the BN 6770 in whiteface doesn't appear to be on the internet. The locomotive didn't spend long in that scheme before going to the IC. The MRL 214 is a very recent purchase from E-bay, just $55 including shipping. I only had time to change out the couplers for Kadee and added a decoder. I also added lift rings, but only because I was also adding them to the two BN Kato units and wanted to finish out the package. Still have a ton of detailing to do on that unit, but it makes a good companion for the BN Katos. I've talked about the BN 6333 before, only need to add a few more decals and weather that unit.

I also purchased a SP SD70M #9813 a few weeks ago to go with my first run Athearn SP SD70M #9803 I bought many years ago. The $80 including shipping was a much better price than the $100 I offered a local hobby shop for a similar unit but was turned down. The pair looks awesome, but now I need to get a EMD lease unit in burgandy and silver to complete the set. I'm sure a good deal will come along sooner or later. Anyways, I replaced the plow and added the cut levers and MU hoses among other details. Next time I'll bring along my Swift roadrailers to make a real SP photo freight.

Thats a nice looking layout. Anymore pics? I like the use of the real rocks on the shoreline. Looks like reall RR ballast

Thanks guys,

The OMRS (Olympic Model Railroad Society) is a club layout in Lacey, WA at the Thurston County Fairgrounds. The website is a tad bit outdated as we've been working over the past three years to upgrade many parts of the layout.

http://www.omrs-wa.org/index.html

While we've come quite a ways from where we were, we still have some major projects planned for the near future. I've posted photos of the layout several times in the past here and elsewhere. But here are a few more pics.

1. Street scene in the Industrial City of Post Falls

2. SP Roadrailer train cruising along the shores of the Puget Sound coming through Marvin's Bluff

3. My newly completed Willamette and Pacific 1801 and PNWR 2302 on the branchline from Hill City

4. A kitbashed SP caboose at Marvin's Bluff

Last edited by a moderator:
5. BN GP9 switching spurs in Post Falls

6. Post Falls yard and scale house.

7. SP Roadrailer coming into Marvin's Bluff

8. Fishing on the sound

9. A heavy SP freight passing semaphore signals.

10. MRL lease power on a Evergreen stack train.

11. Seattle North Coast F-unit is leading a train back from the lumber mill in Hill City on the Hill City Branch.

12. Another lumber train on the branch.

My club also

I a happyto report that is my club also and I have been a member on and off since 1980 and we have come a long way baby

Ted, Your photos are just great: beautiful scenery, sharp photos, and happy locomotives. They've found a good home.

I too thought I'd seen some apes there for a second :D

With the MRL SD45's due out early next year from Athearn, I'll be able to round out my MRL fleet which already has a 2 F45's, 2 SD45-2's, and a SD40. No ACE's for me, way too new for my modeling era.

Back