So what are you listening to right NOW?

Seems her name @ 28-32 is Liv (Olivia Salerno)--she posted down in the video thread to introduce herself--and she's currently a dancer for the Detroit Pistons. Pretty cool.

Last edited:
Music

Cover art for Why Don’t They Let Us Fall in Love by The Ronettes

Why Don’t They Let Us Fall in Love​

The Ronettes
Track 17 on
All the Hits
Produced by
Phil Spector
Release Date
July 1964
View All Credits

More Guaraldi. Just jazz though, not X-mas themed.

A classic, and he wrote it too: "Cast Your Fate to the Wind"

and:

Last edited:
Well, Mancini led me to Audrey:
I think she might have played the guitar herself in this take. It's a lip synch, but it's over her own underlying track, and not someone else's.
She was certainly capable of playing it. No problem there.
As for the background violins...well...violins always work on me. Too.

Last edited:
Donald Fagen (one half of Steely Dan), and after he split up with Walter Becker (RIP) recorded his LP "The Nightfly." At least two of he songs from that LP were later covered by Mel Torme: "Walk Between the Raindrops" and "The Goodbye Look."

Fagen's first, then Torme's for each number....

and then Mel:

-------------

The Goodbye Look:

and Mel, once again:

===================

In case the overall theme of Fagen's LP escapes you and as regards these two songs, they are penned around the end of the Cuban regime and the subsequent rise of Castro. The Goodbye Look is just that. Taking you out for a short walk off the end of the pier....

OMG two guys playing keyboard backwards!
I don't remember the band, no, but I do remember the song. As I said a few posts back, I think of them as Frankie Vallie meets the O'jays. :D

I hope that doesn't offend. But the song was lot better than the lip-synch. Even the audience seemed disconnected, just sayin'.

Ok, a bit late for the holiday most recently passed, but...for a couple of "Thanksgiving dinners that really couldn't be beat...", maybe it's worth a throwback to the seventies (US experience version. This is a Vietnam era/Vietnam war protest song, albeit with more than a bit of humor).

This saga is 18 minutes long, so know what you are getting into.

Last edited:

Back