So it wasn't the most exciting afternoon...

Hi Chris, you'd better loosen the neckerchief around snowball's neck, his tongue 's hanging out so far I believe he's choking :D nice looking pet though.

Hi Rex Moe must be a poodle, that photo brings back old memories, yep the poodle knew which ones were for her, strange but true. Now the Lady (photo below) couldn't care less, we rescued her from the pound 10 years ago.

Cheers Willis
Lady.JPG

A beautiful Lady, Willis. Yeah, Moe is a poodle and thinks he is the boss of the house. Rusty just lets him do his thing...unless he feels a sharp tooth...then things get exciting. I tell everyone that Moe is a Pit Poodle:eek: :D !

Willis, Cruise was looking at the monitor when I was reading your post, he asked me to ask you if Lady had a boyfriend. He is a good guy, though he hasn't had a job yet, but hey, he's just a dog ;)

Wow. Great pics guys!

Here's a few of our latest. Can ya'll tell I'm on vacation? :D

The full crew on the 3rd. Mrs GM and Little Mrs GM usually don't accompany us on railfan outings, so this was a special trip. Note Jess and Dixie getting in the pic. Aren't camera timers great? :D
124658070.gif

Here's a noteworthy train we saw that day. It had 5 locos, just like old times. :D
I love the warbonnet GE on the point.
124658071.gif

On the 4th, LGM and I took a little railfanning hike. Here's a southbound mixed freight crossin Mulberry Fork. We were in some rough country to get this shot. ;)
124661785.gif

Here's a shot of the same trestle from the top. Note the provisions for a second track. Back in the L&N days, this was double track territory.
124659501.gif

Another timer shot of LGM and I by the trestle.
124659503.gif

Dixie and the Jester waiting for a train while we ate lunch. Notice that Jess is wet and Dixie is dry? That's because I had to carry the little twerp across a creek while Jess dove right in... :D
124659504.gif

LGM fixing lunch. Josh, does the sight of those MREs make you hungry? :D
124659500.gif

Great shots. Looks like you guys are having a good time. I can't think of anything better than being in the great outdoors with the family and even trains. I believe I would change the menu a bit...maybe some hoop cheese and crackers, Vienna sausage or bolony, Moon Pie, and a good hot cup of coffee.

Don't get on Dixie's case. After all, she is a little girl you know and should be carried across creeks.:D Her picture looks like she is just waiting to get into trouble.

RexHea said:
Great shots. Looks like you guys are having a good time. ..............Don't get on Dixie's case. After all, she is a little girl you know and should be carried across creeks.:D Her picture looks like she is just waiting to get into trouble.

Great shots is Right!! Man what a cool trestle. And Dixie, Oh boy she's got that look in her eye alright:cool: :eek: . Should make for a very enjoyable family member!!

Johnny

Paul, You'd be welcome on our trips. The drive down might be tough though. :D

Rex, We've definitely had a good time. LGM and I may just do a few more trips next week.

Johnny, That curved trestle is almost scary to watch trains cross from the top! There's another, similar trestle on this line where we've watched alot. The locos in a consist "get out of time" with each other crossing it. There's alot of verticle movement with one engine moving up while the next moves down. It's quite a sight when there's 4 or 5 engines in a consist! Some of the train speeds on it are pretty high (45+) as well.

grande man said:
......... The locos in a consist "get out of time" with each other crossing it. There's alot of verticle movement with one engine moving up while the next moves down. It's quite a sight when there's 4 or 5 engines in a consist! Some of the train speeds on it are pretty high (45+) as well.

So I AM a prototype modeler after all!!!:D :eek: :D

Johnny

G'd evening all, busy day for me. Other than inside for the meals I've been doing modifications on the motor home. The gas gage stopped working on the car so I suppose I'll have to look at that soon.
Lady says thanks for the complements, she's about 10 years old now so what's that like, about 70 years for a human. I feed her two Glucosamine sulfate caplets each day and that seems to keep her joints from pain and keeps her going during the winter months.
Cruise was looking at the monitor when I was reading your post, he asked me to ask you if Lady had a boyfriend.
Hi David, well yes and no :D she says her unfeeling humans had her spayed so anyone and everyone are just friends now :D
Pit Poodle
Hi Rex, yes, aren't all poodles like that. All other dogs must think poodles are from some weird cult. Ours couldn't have cared less who she would bite. Gosh she was a miniature and I seen lots of big men back off when she snarled at them. Moved like greased lightening. The vet figured she came from a puppy mill and had some problems, ending with sugar diabetes as the vet said she had five good years but a rough beginning.
Another rescue, Way to go Willis!!!
Hi Johnny, we figure there was some divine intervention here. Actually we were trying to purchase a medium to large dog from a kennel, of which there are many of them in this area, plus private sales from litters. Absolutely, and mostly unbelievable there were no dogs available, anywhere we called including the next two counties. ( This could be in Ripley's Believe it or Not), something like a redneck not having a hound dawg. My wife suggested we call the shelter and the rest is history. So she was saved from the needle. The reason we wanted a larger dog was there were a rash of break ins, where elderly folk had been beaten. One day while I was away, two young fellows in a pickup drove in the driveway. They were trying the door and the windows from the deck. When my wife opened the inside door to the porch the Lady got ahead of her growling and acting very ferocious, sprang at the window that one of them was trying to open. They jumped in their truck and that was the last we were bothered. When either of us answers the door Lady gets between us and the door, one could wonder at this, but we've never seen her snarl at anyone else. LOL no one has bothered us since.
Nice lot of pictures, looks like your family has some nice outings Eric, the lady would teach Dixie to go into the water, wish we were younger again.
Cheers Willis

Back