Snow Globes?

Ian_Maher

Hello,

I am an installation artist who is putting together a show of scenes depicted in snow globes. I am trying to find the right figures to use but am having a little trouble and was hoping people might have suggestions.

Here is what the basic outline looks like:
3 snow globes
First globe: three women standing around admiring a fourth woman's diamond ring
Second globe: three women standing around admiring a fourth woman's iPod
Third globe: three women standing around admiring a fourth woman's baby

I want the three women to be all exactly the same. The fourth woman in each of the globes can be different.

I might do something like 5 or 6 sets of these snow globes for the installation so if I could keep the cost of the figures down that would be VERY helpful

I was thinking of something like 1/25 scale...something in that range, but doesn't have to be 1/25 so long as the figures are right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Ian! The closest you will get is G Scale which is 1/24. Go to: http://www.walthers.com and do an advanced search under "Figures" and G (under "scale"). You will get about 10 pages of figures for G Scale figures. They are not inexpensive however. Good luck with your project!

Welcome to the forums, Ian! Your snow globes sound like a fascinating project. A Google search on "G scale figures" will produce links to suppliers of accessories for garden railways in scales from 1:20 to 1:32. Some companies supply unpainted figures that are less expensive than the painted ones.

Please show us what you've done when you finish. :)

Back