Small switching layout - need some inspiration (and advice)

bn-1000

I have an old timber module left over from a previous layout which was dismantled and rebuilt elsewhere.

The module measures 5 foot x 16 inches with a backdrop on each and and the rear. The backdrop is 400 high with a partly completed valance and wiring for an overhead lighting system (a series of LED lighting, for example.

I have some surplus items left over from another project of mine including some Peco Code 83 Streamline turnouts and flextrack.

I thought of making a small, compact switching layout utilizing a half a dozen 50' boxcars, a couple of MP15-DC switchers - a small project for the first half of this year.

I'd like to have a maybe two small industries and a one track yard. I cannot afford the plan to be complicated.

Any ideas one a neat, uncluttered switching plan I could use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I made mine I browsed through the 'suitcase' sized railroads (there was a website but I didn't save the URL) for the simplest switching ops I could find. I only had one switch at my disposal, but managed three output tracks by building a working transfer table. The best part was that I didn't have to buy much of anything for it.

Back