Slugs & Bugs (B-units)

It would look good with a white stripe coming down off the nose and along the bottom by the walkway. Though I think I just made up my mind as to the color for my road...lol.

Good luck to ya and keep us updated on your progress.

LOL. I do like that idea. You can have it come down from the nose, I am thinking more of the flat "Southern" stripe, but right down on the walkway...

Heres two that I built, both have cannon roof and end plus many different details added. They were fun projects, sold the CSX one but still have the BNSF one. They both have led lights with decoders in them, just no motors.

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres two that I built, both have cannon roof and end plus many different details added. They were fun projects, sold the CSX one but still have the BNSF one. They both have led lights with decoders in them, just no motors.

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

:eek: Those are amazing! Can I pay you to make me a few?

Have you ever made a Norfolk Southern or a Conrail slug? I'd like one (or a few) of those!

It's unfortunate that you got burned in the past. Would you consider doing it again with a downpayment or prepayment?

I agree. I'd give ya a Down payment. Or if your willing to do a step by step photo series I could settle for that and try it myself.

Have you ever made a Norfolk Southern or a Conrail slug? I'd like one (or a few) of those!

It's unfortunate that you got burned in the past. Would you consider doing it again with a downpayment or prepayment?

A NS one, 870, looks very interesting, like all the radio equipment on top. The Conrail ones look like more work becasue of the Alco hoods and handrails, not as easy to get those. The other NS ones use all EMD stuff,much easier to get.

Let me think it over.

That really turned out nice! Very clean work. I have thought about making one of those units, its on the want to do list.

Now that you have been bitten by the kitbash bug, here is a great product that makes doing these types of projects easier. It made by Archer products and I have used them on two projects and had great success. It's resin that is on decal paper and cuts with a knife. It then just goes on like decals and takes paint. I use to use the Cannon tread ways but found them too hard to get to set down correctly.

They also make the louvers that are seen on the door in the photo as well.

http://www.archertransfers.com/AR88092.html

IMG_0381.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sSig_nicethread.gif
Very nice work gentlemen and inspiring!
Might have to try this with kitbashing, maybe start of with Athearns old cow and calf units, before moving up the ladder!

Keep at it!

Thank you markdeimling, That will make it a lot easier. And yes it was the same for me I had a lot of trouble as-well with the tread plate from cannon staying flat. Also just wondering as-well would you or anyone else on here know of a good web site for good detail photos of SD40-2's. Because I live in Australia and it's very hard to get good detailing photos of under the sides. Because most photos I see, The shade makes it hard to see the detail. And thank you everyone for you nice words.

Boy this thread petered out....I guess I will have to post some of my slug units I have acquired over the years....

Although some the posts here are amazing examples of work on the slugs and B units...wow.

Back